Position at Wind River
In a world increasingly driven by software innovation, Wind River is pioneering the technologies to accelerate the digital transformations of our customers with a new generation of Mission Critical AI Systems, in a world with the most exacting standards for safety, security, performance, and reliability. Success will be determined by our ability to innovate with velocity and deliver at the solutions level.
Wind River’s impact spans critical infrastructure domains such as Telecommunications, including 5G; Industrial (automation, sustainable energy, robotics, mining); Connected Healthcare and Medical Devices; Automotive (connected and self-driving vehicles); and, Aerospace & Defense. We were recognized by VDC Research in July 2020 as #1 in Edge Compute OS Platforms, overtaking Microsoft as the overall commercial leader. Wind River regularly wins industry recognitions for excellence in IoT security, cloud and edge computing, as well as 8 consecutive years as a “Top Workplace.” If you’re passionate about amplifying your impact on the world in a caring, respectful culture that is based on growth mindset, diversity, inclusion and customer focused, come join us and help lead the way into the future of the intelligent edge!
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
Wind River is looking for a Go-To-Market Finance Manager to join the FP&A team and drive GTM transformation. The Manager of GTM Finance will report to the Director of GTM Finance and manage all aspects of GTM Finance, including forecasting and reporting of Bookings, Revenue, OpEx, HC and Billings
The candidate should be a self starter and problem solver with solid financial, accounting and analytical skills, strong attention to detail and the ability to work in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment with minimum supervision. This role will have high visibility across Finance & GTM organizations and will have regular access to the Finance leadership at the Company including the CFO.
- Build the bookings, revenue, OpEx, headcount, billings and margins forecast on a monthly basis for all GTM functions and review with finance leadership.
- Manage the month end close process and submit expense accruals to the accounting team in a timely manner.
- Provide weekly flash updates on key topline metrics such as bookings, pipeline and linearity to the finance and sales leadership teams.
- Partner with Corp FP&A team to drive the annual planning activities.
- Update the cash and OpEx commissions forecast models to facilitate accurate forecasting of expenses.
- Produce the capacity models to evaluate the sales capacity needs on a semi-annual basis.
- Perform thorough analysis of early, on-time and late renewals. Collaborate cross-functionally and provide data driven decision support to help improve the renewal rates.
- Prepare insightful financial packages to support the finance and GTM QBR activities.
- Support sales quota setting activities and drive tighter alignment between the financial and quota plans.
- Champion process improvement & automation efforts to drive efficiencies across the GTM finance.
- Train & Develop the junior level analysts on the team without authority.
Core Competencies & Demonstrated Success
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills and the ability to adapt and learn quickly in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Ability to dive into details without losing sight of big picture.
- Process orientation with a desire to break things apart and bring them back together again in order to maximize efficiency and efficacy.
- Strong oral and written communication skills and proven ability to build collaborative working relationships cross functionally.
- Self-motivated with strong organizational and prioritization skills.
- Smart, hungry and humble.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or economics
- GTM Finance experience for a software company
- Facility with structuring and organizing data, a plus
- Proficiency in MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint and Word); prior Anaplan, Sales Force and Looker experience are a plus
- Multi-national experience is highly desirable
- 5+ years of work experience in finance or business
- 2+ years of experience supporting financial activities of a GTM organization
Wind River is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity. We prohibit discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.
Diversity is foundational for Wind River’s business success. We want to be a workplace of choice for all people and we value the unique perspectives offered by a diverse workforce. Wind River does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, citizenship, disability, protected veteran status, age, ancestry, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, pregnancy, or any other legally protected status. This principle applies to all areas of employment: recruitment and hiring, training, performance evaluations, promotions and transfers, compensation and benefits, and social and recreational programs.
Wind River desires to be an employer of choice with an inclusive environment for all individuals. As part of this goal and in compliance with various laws and regulations, Wind River provides reasonable accommodation to applicants and employees. Requests for reasonable accommodation for applicants and employees are examined on a case-by-case basis. Please let us know if you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application, interviewing, hiring or at any other time during the employment process. You can email us at: [email protected]. Please do not include personal medical information in the email.
More information about federal laws that prohibit job discrimination can be found at: