Position at Jobvite
Jobvite offers a marketing-inspired approach to recruiting by combining the power of data and the human touch. We enable recruitment teams to personalize the candidate experience with a full-scale talent platform that accelerates and simplifies the entire talent acquisition process – from the moment the search begins to the celebration of the first promotion and beyond. We make it possible to automate communication through bot-powered texts and anticipate the employee journey with internal mobility and referral tools driven by human insight and assisted by AI. With a comprehensive, talent acquisition-focused suite Jobvite has been serving customers, including Dollar Shave Club, Dunkin Brands, Trek, LinkedIn, CDW, Universal Music Group, Wayfair, Audible & Feeding America, since 2006.
What You Will Do:
We are looking for an Engineering Manager to lead a team in building scalable applications, simple and elegant software solutions, and customer-centric products utilizing agile development processes.
As part of your job, you’ll be working with product owners to come up with product and design ideas and deliver products in a rapid innovation environment, and you’ll be working with architects to build a scalable platform to support Jobvite’s rapid growth. You are a strong leader who can prioritize well, communicate clearly and compellingly, and who understands how to drive a high level of focus and excellence with a strong team.
Collaborate with leadership team to continuously manage trade-offs between scope, resources and time during the development lifecycle. Oversee documents including status reports, development plans, communications plans, post-mortems and conduct code reviews.
Jobvite is a fast-paced environment so passion and discipline around operational excellence is key. Finally, you are going to be helping drive the definition, strategy, and vision for new products, so you must be comfortable with ambiguity and have a high level of ownership and accountability.
What You’ll Bring:
- BS, MS in Computer Science (or equivalent) in a relatable field.
- 10+ years of experience in experience in building and designing SaaS based web applications as part of a product company
- 2+ years of engineering management experience for team of direct reports; experience in managing distributed remote teams is a big plus.
- You have proven background in full stack development with experience in technologies like Java, Spring, AngularJS, React, etc. and good understanding of distributed system design.
- You have some knowledge around how AWS services and deployments work.
- Experience with mission critical, 24×7 SaaS software development and deployment.
- Ability to build strong relationship with diverse teams within organizations in a fast-paced collaborative environment.
- You have experience with agile software development methodologies and understanding of enterprise engineering best practices.
- You have high attention to detail and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously.
- You are passionate about customer satisfaction.
- You have excellent communication, interpersonal skills and can explain complex problems to technical and non-technical audiences.
- You have an ability to exercise good judgment depending on the situation, and the audience
Jobvite is an Equal Opportunity employer.
Sign up for Job Alerts
Don’t see a job you want?
Join our Jobvite Talent Pool for new future opportunities!
Learn more about our
values and perks
Follow us on Instagram
Check out our