At KPMG, our Digital Health practice helps our clients to transform their business and clinical operations through the use of technology. We work with our clients at both the strategic level to design an organization’s goals, vision, objectives, target operating models, and at the tactical level to design and build the IT ecosystem that will support and achieve those objectives.
As part of designing an organization’s desired future state, we develop business, information, security, technology, application, and stakeholder architecture models including business rules, policy, and governance. We assess the gap between current and future state, design target state architectures and create the roadmap that will achieve the desired target state. Our projects focus on large-scale enterprise-wide transformation.
Our ideal fit is someone who has a background in Healthcare, with a focus on Information, Technology and/or Enterprise Architectures. We are looking for someone who can combine innovation and technology with a solid knowledge of healthcare across the continuum to engage proactively with our customers on a long-term basis to drive an on-going stream of deals and opportunity.
What you will do
- Working with clients to lead and support the EHR journey through the development of Clinical Information System (CIS)/Hospital Information Systems (HIS) strategies,
- Support the implementation of CIS / HIS platforms from program management to clinical workflow redesign, to data standards and reporting;
- Developing business, information, application, technology and security architectures enterprise-wide or for specific lines of business, program areas or business functions
- Conducting readiness assessments related to client readiness to adopt new technology such as cloud, advanced and predictive analytics, ITSM tools and practices
- Developing reference models for the health and life sciences sector
- Establishing technology related practices, capabilities, standards, and methods
- Developing Business Transformation Plans, IT Strategic Plans, Information Management Strategies, Target Operating Models, and Digital Strategies for enterprises and/or specific program areas or business functions
- Evaluating application and technology portfolios in relation to target architectures, and recommend application rationalization and modernization strategies
- Developing business transformation portfolio plans and governance mechanisms
- Providing support to program evaluations and performance reviews of business and IT functions
- Researching propose and support partnerships and information sharing of new technologies within the digital health domain
- Working with senior KPMG leaders to enhance and working cross-functionally with in the Management Consulting practice to integrate the full health and life-sciences service offerings:
- Operational Excellence in Health
- Health System Redesign (large scale transformation like policy, shared services, organizational redesign / restructuring, etc..)
- Advanced Analytics
- Work with KPMG’s Management consulting to build a growing Health and Life-Sciences (HLS) practice through business development, recruitment, Thought Leadership papers and coaching and mentorship
- Drive business development through various activities including proposals, network events and other key activities;
- Travel will be required
What you bring to the role
- 8-10 years of professional experience in Clinical Information System (CIS) / Hospital information System (HIS) Management Consulting, driving the national EHR agenda
- Strong clinical informatics and digital technology experience in the healthcare industry in one or more areas including business architecture, information and technology services, application/network/system architecture or engineering;
- Strong exposure and understanding of clinical workflows across the care continuum.
- Ideal candidate will have experience and/or related understanding of CIS / HIS and Ancillary platforms in the market like Cerner, EPIC, MEDITECH, and other ancillary solutions (e.g.Pharmacy, DI, Lab, etc…)
- Experience leading, coaching and mentoring teams
- Ideal candidate will have both experience working in the healthcare industry in various mid to senior level Clinical Informatics, Technology, Business and Solutions architecture type of roles plus management consulting experience working with either “Big 4” and/or boutique Clinical Informatics and Digital health firms;
- Knowledge of digital ecosystem and digital skills accompanied with solution design and CIS/HIS implementation skills and experience;
- Data Standards e.g. SNOMED, ICD-10, etc… is ideal
- Experience working with clinicians and other healthcare stakeholders to support change management
- Excellent written and oral business communication skills including presentation skills
- Experience working with executive level healthcare leaders including c-suite;
- Strong project and program management experience ;
- Other desirable skills and experience:
- Business intelligence, Enterprise data warehouse , and/or performance management application package knowledge, selection and/or implementation is an asset.
- Cloud Strategy & infrastructure including infrastructure design and implementation of cloud based service and deployment models is an asset
- Development of Target Operating Models including IT processes management, governance, systems development, infrastructure management, systems administration is an asset
- Data Architecture
- IT Operations experience including IT processes, ITSM,
- Undergraduate university degree, preferably in Health Informatics, Engineering, Computer Science or healthcare discipline (e.g., Nursing, Pharmacy, Laboratory, Medicine, etc.. ) augmented by a Master’s degree like MBA, Master’s Health Informatics, Information Sciences, Masters in Engineering
Our Values, The KPMG Way
Integrity, we do what is right Excellence, we never stop learning and improving Courage, we think and act boldly Together, we respect each other and draw strength from our differences For Better, we do what matters
KPMG in Canada is a proud equal opportunities employer and we are committed to creating a respectful, inclusive and barrier-free workplace that allows all of our people to reach their full potential. A diverse workforce is key to our success and we believe in bringing your whole self to work. We welcome all qualified candidates to apply and hope you will choose KPMG in Canada as your employer of choice.
If you have a question about accessible employment at KPMG, or to begin a confidential conversation about your individual accessibility or accommodation needs through the recruitment process, we encourage you to contact KPMG’s Employee Relations Service team for support at email: [email protected] or phone: 416-777-8002 or toll free 1-888-466-4778 Option 3.
For general recruitment-related inquiries, please contact the HR Delivery Centre at cafmcdn[email protected] .