55 Bloor Street West
Job Family Group:
Data Analytics & Reporting
As a Developer, you would be supporting the Audit function with analytics and automation of recurring analytics. Consults on analytical solutions to understand, analyze, and synthesize requirements, goals and objectives relative to data and business intelligence needs and to enable high-quality, fact-based business decisions to drive better business outcomes. Provides advice on the configuration, functionality, applicability, and usability of data management, data analytics, and data visualization technology solutions. Supports the development of the strategy and roadmap for data quality and data analytics, data modeling, reporting, business intelligence, and the design and development of sophisticated decision support tools.
- Acts as a trusted advisor to assigned business/group (Audit).
- Leads the design, development, and implementation of analytic solutions.
- Identifies emerging issues and trends to inform decision-making.
- Recommends and implements solutions based on analysis of issues and implications for the business
- Ensures alignment between stakeholders about business needs and data needs.
- Leads/participates in the design, implementation and management of new analytics & reporting solutions.
- Designs, develops, and implements innovative analytical solutions.
- Designs and produces regular and ad-hoc reports, and dashboards.
- Breaks down strategic problems, and analyses data and information to provide subject matter insights and recommendations.
- Structures and assembles data into multi-dimensions with various granularities (e.g., demographics, customers, products, transactions).
- Cleanses, manipulates, and transforms data through programming / scripting for model training and validation.
- Automates validation tests to improve quality and efficiency of the validation process.
- Validates and tests models used in analytics and reporting to assess/address performance and compliance.
- Conducts various pre-implementation and post-implementation analyses to estimate/measure business impact caused by model adoption (e.g., revenue increase, cost reduction, corporate brand image).
- Promotes reporting automation, self-serve analytics consumption, and the culture of analytics-driven decision making.
- Monitors and tracks tool performance, user acceptance testing, and addresses any issues.
- Integrates information from multiple sources to enable more efficient processes, enhanced analysis and/or streamlined reporting.
- Builds reports and visualizations to effectively communicate data driven insights to users for a variety of audiences e.g. visualization solutions of data into reports, graphics, dashboards to illustrate facts, trends, and insights.
- Develops solutions and makes recommendations based on an understanding of the business strategy and stakeholder needs.
- Supports development and execution of strategic analytics & reporting initiatives in collaboration with internal and external stakeholders.
- Analyzes data and information to provide subject-matter insights and recommendations.
- Develops tools and delivers training programs for use of reporting tools and self-serve analytics by non-analytical end users; may include delivery of training to audiences.
- Documents and maintain operational procedures and processes relating to analytical and reporting processes.
- Builds effective relationships with internal/external stakeholders.
- Collaborates with internal and external stakeholders in order to deliver on business objectives.
- Focus is primarily on business/group within BMO; may have broader, enterprise-wide focus.
- Provides specialized consulting, analytical and technical support.
- Exercises judgment to identify, diagnose, and solve problems within given rules.
- Works independently and regularly handles non-routine situations.
- Broader work or accountabilities may be assigned as needed.
- Typically between 5 – 7 years of relevant experience and post-secondary degree in Computer Science / Engineering or related field of study or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge and experience in writing code, data preparation, data analysis, and statistical tool sets including but not limited to Spotfire, Tableau, SQL, SAS, R, Python, MATLAB, SPSS – In-depth.
- Deep knowledge and technical proficiency gained through extensive education and business experience.
- Verbal & written communication skills – In-depth.
- Collaboration & team skills – In-depth.
- Analytical and problem solving skills – In-depth.
- Influence skills – In-depth.
- Data driven decision making – In-depth.
We’re here to help
At BMO we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly Grow the Good in business and life. It calls on us to create lasting, positive change for our customers, our communities and our people. By working together, innovating and pushing boundaries, we transform lives and businesses, and power economic growth around the world.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one – for yourself and our customers. We’ll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we’ll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://jobs.bmo.com/ca/en.
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other’s differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.