Requisition ID: 99467
Cost Centre: PROCESSING CENTRE EXP
Employee Referral Program – Potential Reward:
We are committed to investing in our employees and helping you continue your career at Scotiabank.
Contributes to the overall success of the Global Operations Department ensuring specific individual goals, plans, initiatives are executed/delivered in support of the team’s business strategies and objectives. Responsible for preparing executive reporting and end-to-end delivery of data-driven solutions. Ensures all activities conducted are in compliance with governing regulations, internal policies and procedures.
• Champions a customer focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
• Builds and maintains effective relationships and keeps cross-functional lines of communication with data delivery network and report stakeholders.
• Runs integration, transformation, validation and analysis of financial/operational/customer data for calculating key performance indicators (KPIs) and key risk indicators (KRIs) sourced from diverse teams in Global Operations, Finance and Human Resources. Ensures all indicators presented in executive dashboards and stored in historical databases are accurate, complete, consistent, unique and timely.
• Produce executive dashboards and business partners’ reports in Power BI to assess the performance against targets/benchmarks and prepare ad hoc requests. Develops and keeps up-to-date clear documentation for financial/operational KPIs/KRIs, as well as multiple data management processes. Demonstrates solid knowledge in Power BI, leveraging Power Query and DAX.
• Strong knowledge in statistics and data mining techniques, preferably using Python, to develop descriptive, diagnostic and predictive analytics.
• Ensures data infrastructure in cloud-based environment supports trending analysis, report sharing and analytics calculations
• Proactively supports data-based decision making across operational functions by identifying analytical prospects in operational/financial/customer data. Delivers actionable insights to business partners based on advanced analytical techniques. Works collaboratively with business partners to drive the identification of key opportunities/use cases.
• Understand how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
• Actively pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational risk, regulatory compliance risk, AML/ATF risk and conduct risk, including but not limited to responsibilities under the Operational Risk Management Framework, Regulatory Compliance Risk Management Framework, AML/ATF Global Handbook and the Guidelines for Business Conduct.
• Champions a high performance environment and contributes to an inclusive work environment.
• Executive dashboards and ad hoc presentations
• All business units in Global Operations; as well business units in Finance, Human Resources, and Canadian/International Banking; located in Canada and Latin American countries
• Number of projects: two large projects, executive dashboards and analytics use cases
Education & Experience
• University degree in analytics, data science, engineering, statistics, finance or related fields
• 5+ years of experience in reporting and analyzing financial/operational data
• Advanced knowledge of Power BI (required) and DAX
• Experience with SQL, Python and SAS (asset)
• Must be an excellent communicator
• Fluency in Spanish is an asset but not required
• Familiarity of Commercial Banking products, services and policies/procedures is required
Work in a standard office-based environment; non-standard hours are a common occurrence. Limited travel globally.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Mississauga
As Canada’s International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. Our employees are committed to a superior customer experience and use the Bank’s six guiding sales practice principles to ensure they act with honesty and integrity.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.