This role will start off as work from home, gradually you will be required to work in our Markham Office.
Opportunity to work within our dynamic Corporate Actuarial team focusing on the creation and implementation of actuarial models, with an enhanced focus on automation, reporting to the AVP of IFRS17. In this position, you will have an opportunity to be creative and challenge the status-quo; you will play a leading role in building effective solutions to meet actuarial deliverables under IFRS 17 & evaluate existing processes related to actuarial work-flow post production (reporting, MCT, SII, ORSA) and propose and implement changes. In this highly visible role, you will learn more about the business and the operation of the company both at the Canadian and Global level combined with frequent opportunity to present your findings to senior leaders. Beyond IFRS 17 you will have an opportunity to apply your IFRS 17 knowledge within the broader reserving team.
- Lead the creation of automated process within reserving as part of our IFRS 17 objectives;
- Be an integral part of the theoretical interpretation and identification of requirements related to the new standard focusing on actuarial concepts such as discounting, risk adjustment, cash-flowing and reinsurance;
- Be an integral part in the development, testing and validation of IFRS 17 actuarial models (discounting, risk adjustment, loss component, etc.);
- Assist in the integration of the actuarial IFRS 17 applications into the overall company architecture with automated data flows to and from actuarial and accounting systems – work with Finance and IT representative to achieve this;
- Develop and maintain a good understanding of how the IFRS 17 solutions fit into the Company’s financial reporting architecture with special focus on actuarial models/processes – collaborating with our counterparts at Group and UK GI;
- Work with Risk and Capital team to assess the IFRS 17 impact on Minimum Capital Test (MCT), Financial Conditions Testing (FCT) and Own Risk and Solvency Assessment (ORSA); and
- Participate in the creation of training material and provide training aimed at reserving – including senior stakeholders – to discuss the impact of IFRS 17 on reserving results and wider impact across the business;
- Understand the control framework within the IFRS 17 architecture related to actuarial solutions.
- Degree in actuarial science, mathematics or directly related field;
- Min 5 years experience, previous experience within Reserving is a plus;
- ACAS or progression on Actuarial exams is a must;
- Strong analytic skills with the ability to work through the technical implementation details while appreciating the big picture;
- Strong team player who is also able to work independently;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- IFRS 17 knowledge desirable;
- Strong technical knowledge of MS Excel;
- Working knowledge of Python would be an asset or willingness to learn.
Aviva Canada has an accommodation process in place to provide accommodations for employees with disabilities. If upon commencement of employment you require a specific accommodation because of a disability, please contact your Talent Acquisition Partner so that an appropriate accommodation can be arranged. This process applies throughout your career with Aviva Canada.