At Intact, insurance is not about things. It’s about people. It’s what we believe, and it shapes everything we do. It’s why we strive to provide a second-to-none experience for our customers and create an inspiring workplace for our employees to thrive in.
As Canada’s largest provider of property and casualty insurance, we’re not only leading our industry, but we’re redefining what it means to work for it. As a recognized top employer, we’re committed to living our values and supporting our dedicated people who bring their best to work each day because they know their work matters.
We’re looking for a Commercial Lines Manager to join our growing team!
As a Commercial Lines Property and Casualty Manager, your work will have a big impact in motivating a high-performance team, leading by example, and enhancing and developing broker relationships. You will maintain a strong customer focused approach and commitment to the success of the team and our organization. You will work closely with our Commercial mid-market Property and Casualty team to build a successful book of business.
Here are a few ways you’ll make a difference:
- Contribute to the success of our business by participating in regional business plan objectives and by committing to individual and team objectives.
- Manage the Commercial Lines Property and Casualty portfolio to achieve profitability and growth through risk selection, pricing and retention as governed by the parameters outlined in our corporate underwriting philosophy.
- Determine goals and objectives for direct reports; assign responsibilities; provide guidance and feedback regarding performance; facilitate continuous learning, career development, and succession planning.
- Provide effective leadership by continuously keeping your team informed on changes/results and share accountability for the overall performance, productivity and engagement with team members.
- Develop and nurture respectful and successful working relationships with our Brokers through strong communication, visibility and participation in achieving results.
- Establish, maintain and deliver legendary service from a motivated team of Underwriters to our Brokers.
- Liaise with other underwriting managers, corporate underwriting and claims management on technical and administrative issues
- A university graduate or have the equivalent business experience
- Have completed your CIP and/or FCIP
- Possess a sound knowledge of Intact’s underwriting philosophies and/or five years of Commercial Lines risk assessment and experience in a management or senior technical capacity.
- A natural leader with a proven knack for leading, influencing and motivating a team and for facilitating change.
- Invested in and have a proven history of driving strong employee and team engagement contributing to the success of your department
- Keenly interested in and stay up-to-date on competitive practices, business trends, or other developments impacting on business results and are able to recommend change when needed.
- Able to maintain professional and effective business and personal relationships by promoting mutual understanding of expectations, issues and trust.
- A strong communicator who is able to articulate effectively with people at all levels of the organization.
Here are a few reasons why others have joined our team:
- An award-winning, inspiring workplace that supports its people and recognizes great work
- Stimulating, challenging projects and development opportunities to help you grow your skills and career
- Flexibility in how and where you work
- A casual ‘dress for your day’ culture that encourages you to be yourself
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
At Intact, our value of Respect is founded on seeing diversity as a strength, being inclusive and fostering collaboration. We value diversity and strive to create an inclusive, accessible workplace where all individuals feel valued, respected and heard.
If we can provide a specific adjustment to make the recruitment process more accessible for you, please advise the Talent Acquisition partner who reaches out about the job opportunity and they will work with you to meet your needs.
As an employer and publicly traded financial services company, the best interests of our customers, employees and shareholders are important to us. We want Intact to be a great place to work! This means that internal and external candidates will be asked to consent to background checks so we can learn more about you. Please note that for positions with access to financial data or funds, your credit must be in good standing.
For internal candidates, you can apply for a posted position if you have been in your current position for at least 12 months and are performing at a satisfactory level. Please note we may have identified other internal candidates through our Employee Development Program, and that the selection process may also be opened to external applicants.
Eligibility to Work in Canada
It’s important that you are legally eligible to work in Canada at the time an offer of employment is made. You may be requested to provide proof of eligibility at that time.
This posting closes on January 12, 2021 at 11:59PM.