BDO Canada is currently seeking a Manager, Cloud and Data Analytics Consulting to join our GTA Technology Consulting team and own the following responsibilities:
- Business development including building new client relationships, growing existing relationships and participating in pre-sales client presentations
- Development of SOWs, POCs, pricing and proposals, as well as authoring whitepapers/articles etc. to help build our brand
- Assisting in the development and implementation of new service offerings
- Providing architecture and design guidance and managing project teams on multiple client engagements in diverse technology areas including cloud enablement, cloud infrastructure build, cloud migrations and cloud data analytics projects
- Performing technical architecture, design and managing deliverables
- Working closely with leaders across all of BDO’s technology service lines to deliver on engagements
- Acting as a customer escalation contact as required and providing management and guidance related to the resolution of customer satisfaction concerns
- Building deeper relationships with clients and assisting in expanding the engagement footprint when the opportunity presents itself
- Managing the team and ensuring that team members are effectively utilized
- On-going mentoring and coaching of the team including performance management
- Ensuring our professionals have the skills, experience and capacity required to deliver our service offerings
- Fostering a sense of purpose within the team; developing short and long-term objectives aligned with driving behaviours supporting our core values, mission and vision.
- Interviewing and hiring new talent as the team grows
How do we define success for your role?
- You demonstrate BDO’s core values through all aspect of your work: Integrity, Respect and Collaboration
- You understand your client’s industry, challenges, and opportunities; clients describe you as positive, professional, and delivering high quality work
- You identify, recommend, and are focused on effective service delivery to your clients
- You share in an inclusive and engaging work environment that develops, retains and attracts talent
- You actively participate in the adoption of digital tools and strategies to drive an innovative workplace
- You grow your expertise through learning and professional development.
Your experience and education
- Strong background and hands-on experience in Cloud technology (Azure or Google Cloud)
- Strong background in data analytics and database development (Microsoft and/or Google technology stack experience is preferred)
- Experience in the technology consulting field and working closely with clients
- Business development/pre-sales experience
- Experience leading engagement teams
- Experience working with financial services/banking industry clients
- Excellent customer-facing, communication and presentation skills
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Excellent in multi-tasking and time management
- Strategic planning and management expertise
Experience with Microsoft based toolsets is a bonus and shared below for reference:
- Data & Analytics (Technology: SQL Server, SSRS, SSIS, PowerBI)
- Collaboration (Technology: SharePoint, Office 365, OneDrive)
- Digital transformation (Technology: .NET Development, Web Services / API Development)
Our firm is committed to providing an environment where you can be successful in the following ways:
- We enable you to engage with the firm’s strategic plan, and be a key contributor to the success and growth of the firm.
- We help you be the best professional you can be in our services, industries and markets.
- Achieve your personal goals outside of the office and make an impact on your community.
Giving back, it adds up: Where company meets community. BDO is actively involved in our communities by supporting local charity initiatives. We support staff with local and national events where you will be given the opportunity to contribute to your community.
Total rewards that matter: We pay for performance with competitive total cash compensation that recognizes and rewards your contribution. We provide flexible benefits from day one, and a market leading personal time off policy. We are committed to supporting your overall wellness beyond working hours, and provide reimbursement for wellness initiatives that fit your lifestyle.
Everyone counts: We believe every employee should have the opportunity to participate and succeed. Through leadership by our Chief Inclusion and Diversity Officer, we are committed to a workplace culture of respect, inclusion, and diversity. We recognize and celebrate the valuable differences among each of us, including race, religious beliefs, physical or mental disabilities, age, place of origin, marital status, family status, gender or gender identity and sexual orientation. If you require accommodation to complete the application process, please contact us.
To explore other opportunities at BDO, check out our careers page.