Requisition ID: 99735
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off.
The Manager, Business Economics is accountable for conducting analysis and measurement of Scotiabank’s portfolio growth and profitability, across all products and segments. The incumbent will deliver measurement and analysis to the Retail Customer Engagement, Credit Cards and Unsecured Loans, Savings and D2D Products teams, as well as other relevant business lines. The analysis will enable Product, Risk-Reward and Portfolio Management business decisions with impact on Scotiabank NIAT and/or customer satisfaction.
Accountability 1: – Portfolio Analysis
• Champions a customer-focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
• Conducts analysis related to business strategies and portfolio performance supporting the different Retail Banking business lines. Identification of portfolio trends and key statistics through the use of advanced analytics to inform and enable business strategies.
• Conducts effective manipulation and calculation of data, which can be analyzed and turned into business insights and presented to the incumbent’s manager and business line leadership to move business results forward.
• Continuously acquire and enhance knowledge of business/product strategies, risk and portfolio management principles, risk management and other policies, technical processes and advanced analytical tools/methodologies in order to best provide business solutions to all key constituents.
• Understand how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
• Provide business support to all areas of Retail Deposits and Day to Day Banking including Business development, Product, Acquisition and Analytics. Work with Finance and Business Transformation teams to report results to Senior Management as well as provide future outlook/projection
• Lead the creation of ongoing measurement of acquisition/engagement campaign strategies relative to the pro-forma/plan. Provide actionable insights and recommendations to incumbent’s manager and other stakeholders on an ongoing basis in order to maximize business results and enable the creation of an ongoing learning loop.
• Actively pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational risk, regulatory compliance risk, AML/ATF risk and conduct risk, including but not limited to responsibilities under the Operational Risk Management Framework, Regulatory Compliance Risk Management Framework, AML/ATF Global Handbook and the Guidelines for Business Conduct.
Accountability 2 – Analysis & development support for acquisition and campaign strategies
• Collaborate with Business Lines, Channel and Acquisition/Engagement teams to profitably grow customer base. Proactively provide strategic analysis that will assist the business to optimize new & existing accounts and product mix from various channels
• Work closely with marketing team to develop analytical and segmentation strategies that enhance customer engagement initiatives while optimizing budgets as well as margins. Collaborate with Retail Marketing and Decision Sciences teams to implement and fulfill campaigns while ensuring seamless customer experience.
• Collaborate with Campaign Design, Products, Decision Sciences and Retail Marketing teams to support optimal acquisition and customer migration initiatives driven through centralized campaign execution engine.
• Work closely with segmentation/modeling experts within or outside Scotiabank to create new and effective ways of targeting customers in order to maximize efficiency of acquisition campaign strategies.
• Continuously acquire and enhance knowledge of business/product strategies, competitive practices, market insights and other policies, technical processes and advanced analytical tools/methodologies in order to best provide business solutions to all key constituents
• Effectively manage and prioritize multiple business initiatives, projects and ad-hoc analysis with business stakeholders and/or external partners/consultants.
Education and Experience
• 4+ years analytical experience required including statistical analysis
• 4+ years related experience in Analytics, Marketing or Finance
• Must be proficient with MS Office, Unix, Mainframe, SAS, SQL, and reporting tools
• Working Knowledge of Hadoop, Big Data, Data Lake and experience in Python, R would be an asset
• Proficient in the use of excel and building complex financial models
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills essential with clients, vendors and management
• Strong prioritizing, planning, analytical, presentation, project management, people management and relationship building skills
• 2+ years experience in Banking Industry
• 2+ years experience in Marketing or Campaign Analytics
• Excel programming and Microsoft Access skills including VBA, queries, forms, reports and macros
• Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Finance, Economics, Business Administration, Engineering or Statistics
• MBA (Finance or Marketing)/CFA or Master in Analytics – preferred
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
As Canada’s International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. Our employees are committed to a superior customer experience and use the Bank’s six guiding sales practice principles to ensure they act with honesty and integrity.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.