BMO Capital Markets
100 King Street West
Job Family Group:
Data Analytics & Reporting
We are looking for a talented individual to join our team in the position of Manager Analytics, Business Intelligence. The primary responsibility is to manage data analytics and deliver recommendations that drive data driven insights for the GAM (Global Asset Management) Business.
The role will sit on the Wealth Digital, Data & Analytics team and support the Sales and Distribution Channel with proactive, actionable insights across all products and phases of the funnel from awareness, consideration and acquisition through to lifecycle and loyalty. The successful candidate will be able to go beyond analytics/reporting to provide actionable insights to senior leadership
- Take the lead supporting GAM business. Think strategically and work independently with minimal supervision.
- Work with internal clients and diverse stakeholders to understand their business objectives, scope and KPIs and translate them into digital measurement plans and data collection strategies
- Produce dashboards, reports, analysis, insights that drive decisions and help us build better products and experiences.
- Manage and enhance daily/weekly/monthly channel reporting to provide results and context to deliver actionable insights to senior management, not just reporting data
- Improve and automate process using a variety of tools to drive operational efficiency
- Manage, prioritize, and respond to ad-hoc requests
- Uncover and identify opportunities to improve the customer experience by leveraging statistical approaches against multiple sources of data including internal sales/transactions and external party data/benchmarks
- Assist the retail and advisor channels in campaign performance measurement and increasing productivity of all marketing initiatives
- Research, design and implement reporting infrastructure that leads to automated and flexible reporting
- 5-7 years of work experience in Business, Financial industry
- Good verbal and written communication skills; able to effectively present analytics data to business users at the Manager / Senior Manager level
- Good knowledge of Asset Management and understanding of current market trends. Experience in Mutual Funds, ETF and Institutional distribution process,
- Demonstrated proficiency in working with large datasets, both structured and unstructured data, using programming language such as SAS, SQL or related.
- Post-Secondary education in Math, Computer Science, Statistics, Actuarial Science, Business
- One or More Master’s Degree in Data Analytics, MBA, CFA, CPA preferred
- Self-Starter – Strong relationship-building skills. Ability to thrive on a high-degree of independence and ownership
- Proficient in visualization tools such as Spotfire, Tableau or Power BI
- Experience in running campaigns through design, execution and performance tracking.
- A strong passion for data, charts, analysis, trends, and evangelizing data usage
We’re here to help
At BMO we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly Grow the Good in business and life. It calls on us to create lasting, positive change for our customers, our communities and our people. By working together, innovating and pushing boundaries, we transform lives and businesses, and power economic growth around the world.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one – for yourself and our customers. We’ll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we’ll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at www.jobs.bmo.ca/ca/en .
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other’s differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.