Title: Manager, Analytics
Team / Department: Analytics
Mindshare is looking for a Manager, Analytics with a passion for data analysis to join our growing team.
This role falls under Mindshare’s Analytics team, which encompasses performance analytics, research, modeling and technology. It is an integral part in supporting the Client Leadership teams as they allocate media budgets and optimize effective plans that drive measurable impact towards clients’ business goals.
You will work in an environment where everyone is passionate about data, analytics and self-development with a customer-centric focus. The Manager acts as a primary day-to-day contact on project management and execution for client accounts and deliverables, including but not limited to measurement planning, weekly reporting, media and creative tests, media and creative analysis, competitive analysis, and industry research.
You will play a key role in mining data for relevant insights, using advanced statistical techniques in the media world such as marketing mix modeling, attribution, budget optimization, and digital analytics. The position will support the Analytics lead to ensure consistent quality output on all projects.
- Aggregate, synthesize and execute all reporting requests; weekly, bi-weekly, monthly, quarterly and annually
- Ability to manage and execute an overhaul of the current reporting framework and own the product moving forward
- Work collaboratively and lead communication with key internal/external stakeholders to build a cohesive report
- Work proactively to accelerate reporting forward into automation; utilize ETL tools and or BI/Visualization software
- Manipulate and analyze “big” data sets synthesized from a variety of sources
- Present findings in a concise, logical and visual manner to the strategy teams and directly to the clients
- Assist media analytics and planning teams with various analytic projects for media – performing original research and writing reports
- Retrieve raw research data compiled from 3rd party media tools and synthesize it into usable forms for media team usage
- Manage client financials such as budget reconciliation and budget management
- Support presentation building with oversight from team leader
- Write POVs on industry topics
- Help train junior team members
- Grow, engage, retain and recruit the best talent
- College Diploma, or Bachelors or advanced degree in Statistics, Economics, Business, Math, or Sciences, or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of relevant media experience, media analytics preferred
- Experience with the following technologies:
- Data Visualization: Tableau, Omniscope, PowerBI
- Web Analytics: Omniture, Google Analytics, Webtrends
- Ad Servers: DoubleClick, MediaMind, PointRoll, Atlas
- Syndicated Measurement: comScore, Nielsen, Compete
- Ad Effectiveness Research: comScore, Millward Brown Digital, Dimestore, Vizu, Research Now
- Microsoft Office: Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Familiarity with SAS, SPSS, R, Python a plus
- Embraces the Mindshare Growth Mindset by exhibiting adaptability, inclusivity, sincerity, curiosity, entrepreneurial spirit, and teamwork
- Inquisitive with a desire to tell a story using data
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to clean and dive into messy data to find insights
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; strong presentation skills
- Excellent time management skills; proven ability to prioritize and organize workload, and operate under tight deadlines while managing multiple projects
- Exceptional organizational skills and detail oriented
- Showcase a natural gift for grasping concepts quickly and making good judgments
- Ability to work on own initiative; pre-emptive and proactive; constantly thinking ahead; demonstrating a hands-on and highly organized approach to all tasks
- Ability to foster collaborative relationships with other cross-functional teams
- Ability to adapt and work in a fast-paced work environment effectively.
- Strong capability in customer service skills and communications
- Strong leadership and people skills; ability to manage direct reports.
- Comfortable with ambiguity – flexible & adaptable with a willingness to learn and assist wherever needed
- Comfortable working with budgets/numbers and a strong understanding of mathematical concepts
GroupM and all of its affiliates embrace and celebrate diversity and inclusivity. We are committed to creating a safe and respectful work environment and building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We are a worldwide media agency network that represents global clients. The more inclusive and collaborative we are, the more great work we can create together.
Mindshare encourages all qualified candidates to apply and has an exceptional record of accommodating the needs of our staff. If you require accommodation at any stage of the application process, or would like more information on our policies
To learn more about Mindshare and our philosophy of Original Thinking, visit us at www.mindshareworld.com/canada and follow us on Twitter @mindshare, facebook.com/MindshareCanada and linkedin.com/company/mindshare.