Government of Yukon
Who we are…
A unit within the Department of Finance, the Management Board Secretariat supports informed decision-making at the highest levels of government by leading the preparation and management of the territory’s financial plan, and through the provision of related strategic analysis and advice.
Working with Government of Yukon departments, corporations and agencies, the Secretariat manages and administers the government’s financial planning process, developing and producing the government’s annual revenue, operating and capital budgets and multi-year financial forecasts and plans, and making recommendations on specific funding requests.
The Management Board Analyst plays a key role in supporting accountable financial planning and management of government resources by providing analysis and recommendations to Management Board and Cabinet on the allocation, management and control of government resources, and the development of corporate budgets. Through ongoing analysis of the risks and opportunities affecting the financial plan, the Management Board Analyst supports effective and efficient use of public resources and assets, and promotes responsible financial management.
Our ideal candidate…
Our ideal candidate is someone looking for an opportunity to work in a central agency of government, supporting informed decision-making at the highest level in a fast-paced, challenging and highly confidential environment. You use an innovative approach to problem solving, work efficiently towards critical deadlines, use sound judgment, and strong analytical, research and writing skills, along with exceptional interpersonal and communications skills.
For more information about this position, contact Vijee Ramachandran, Human Resource Consultant at [email protected]
What does the Yukon government provide to employees?
You will have access to a variety of learning and development opportunities including in-house training and funding to support further education. Our flexible work and leave options allow you to balance your personal and professional needs. Our comprehensive rewards package, including our benefit plan, provides for the health and wellbeing of you and your family. Learn more about what we offer.
Since 2014, the Yukon government has been recognized as a Top 100 Employer in Canada.
Follow us on LinkedIn.
Please note: Please submit your resume clearly demonstrating how you meet the following qualifications. Please note selection for further consideration is based solely on the information you provide in your resume and in the screening questionnaire.
Please note: When you list your work experience in your resume, please include the month and year you started and ended a job. This allows us to accurately calculate the length of time you were in the position.
- Degree in Public or Business Administration, Accounting, Political Science, Economics or a similar discipline.
- Demonstrated experience in researching, analyzing and synthesizing information.
- Experience in financial analysis or developing operating and capital budgets.
- Experience developing and providing advice to senior management, preferably in a government setting.
Candidates with an equivalent combination of relevant post-secondary coursework along with significant experience as defined above will be equally considered.
Desired Knowledge, Skills and Suitability
This competition will specifically focus on, but not limit itself to the following competencies:
Candidates will be expected to demonstrate their competence according to the standards set within the Yukon Government Core Competency Framework.
- Influencing Others-Generates commitment while inspiring others. Builds coalitions internally and externally, to reach the organization’s goals by using a variety of methods and adapting influence approaches, and by effectively using knowledge of how the organization really works.
- Thinking Strategically-Takes a comprehensive, long-term view, critically assessing options and implications, while linking decisions to strategic goals.
- Leading Change and Innovation-Leads the organization effectively through fast changing environments, and creates and implements a vision of an organization that is willing to take risks and test new approaches
- Demonstrating Client Focus-Creates a client-focused culture for the entire organization and engages others in providing outstanding service to internal and external clients
- Promoting Common Values and Ethics-Promotes the establishment, development and application of positive organizational values, ethics and standards of conduct.
- Modeling Interpersonal Skills and Personal Responsibility-Demonstrates strong self-awareness through deliberate learning from past experience and self-reflection to increase personal effectiveness and responsibility. Uses strong interpersonal skills to build credibility and personal effectiveness.
7 January 2021
21 January 2021
Management Board Analyst