Remote position – as needed on site .Must be legally authorized to work in Canada without requiring sponsorship now or in the future.
The “Mainframe System Software Engineers” must have the proven mainframe system software skills in multiple Transaction & Database Systems (TDS) capabilities. Ideal candidate would be able to complete systems level work in IMS, DB2, MQ, CICS, and associated sub-products. Deep experience in IMS and at least one other capabilities with the willingness to learn to work in the others would be acceptable. Candidate should have strong technical background with proven results. Additionally, should have good understanding about mainframe and the sub-products integration. Be able to function in a leveraged, multiple client environment.
• Collects and determines data from appropriate sources to assist in determining customer needs and requirements.
• Responds to requests for technical information from customers.
- 7+ years’ experience in a system software capability: IMS and one other capability like DB2, MQ, and CICS.
- Maintain the CICS, IMS, DB2, and/or MQ subsystem procs and JCL
- Experience in building TDS regions (CICS, IMS, DB2, and/or MQ)
- Develop and understand complex CICS, IMS, DB2, and/or MQ configurations needed for SYSPLEX environments and DataSharing environments.
- Demonstrated experience with Disaster Recovery (backup and restore, DR plan creation and maintenance).
- Have exposure to security packages (ACF2, RACF, and/or Top Secret)
- Have good SMPE experience
- Have completed packaging of software for upgrade or installs
- Performed PTF and APAR maintenance using SMPE
- Experience on incident/problem debugging in system dumps
- Experienced with the standard MVS tools: TSO/ISPF, JCL, IBM Utilities, VSAM Utilities, SDSF, etc.
- Monitoring tools familiarity and experience: Examples – Sysview, Omegamon, Mainview
- Ticketing tool familiarity (Service Manager, ServiceNow)
- Experience with Microsoft SharePoint
- Enforcement of security and audit conformance
- Performing Data Security audits (collecting evidence of compliance, correcting noncompliance’s found in an audit reviews)
- 24 x 7 on call support – part of a responsibility rotation
- Ability to develop solutions that enhance the availability, performance, maintainability and agility of a particular capability.
- Able to communicate both internally with team and leadership, and also with clients confidently and demonstrate the professionalism.
- Ability to work in a multi- technology environment with the ability to diagnose complex technical problems to their root cause. In addition to troubleshooting skills and consulting skills.
- Good problem-solving skills.
Primary System Software Skills:
IMS, CICS, DB2, and/or MQ Systems Programmer skills
JCL, TSO, and VSAM
Mainframe tools / Utilities
Additional Skills (A Plus)
Service-Now and Service Manager