CGI is looking for a Senior Mainframe Developer to work on a range of challenging assignments related to the evolution of a variety of financial applications.
Candidates must have strong collaboration skills to work with cross functional teams and stakeholders to ensure requirements are translated into specific solutions.
Your future duties and responsibilities
– Enforce coding standards and best practices;
– Participate in planning of daily activities with the team members;
– Participate in technical design and development activities;
– Perform code reviews when necessary;
– Support the team in troubleshooting technical issues;
– Plan, direct and coordinate daily activities of a team of developers for assigned projects
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
• Should have at least 6 to 10years of experience in Mainframe technologies (COBOL, JCL, VSAM, DB2 etc..)
• Should have worked in both Application development and maintenance projects.
• Should have good Technical, Analytical and problem solving skills to deal production issues
• Should have at least 3 years of experience in Team lead/ Onsite coordinator role.
• Should have good coordination skills to interact with stakeholders(Interface, QA teams and other third party teams)
• Good to have Global delivery model experience(onsite & offshore teams).
• Good to have Banking domain experience (Retail Banking, Payments, Cards etc..)
• Should be flexible to take production support pager/on call rotations
What you can expect from us
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change-supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer. In addition, CGI is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in accordance with provincial legislation. Please let us know if you require a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during any aspect of the recruitment process and we will work with you to address your needs.