NetNation, a division of Ntirety, is a leader in providing innovative, reliable and secure online solutions to SMBs through direct and indirect channels. NetNation delivers reliable, secure, and scalable online solutions to over 500,000 customers worldwide. NetNation has emerged as one of the largest private labeled SMB hosting solution providers in the world due to the company’s expertise in developing secure, multi-tenant hosting environments and is committed to providing SMB’s with cost effective business solutions. NetNation’s core products include Domain Names, Web Hosting and Email, and other online applications such as backup and recovery, security and online presences builders. For more information about NetNation, please visit http://www.NetNation.com.
We are a passionate team, but we are small, so we seek someone that can roll up their sleeves and get stuck in. Our hope is that speaks to you! Still with us? You likely believe that there is more to a job than just getting paid, and that the mission really matters. Good. Because we believe that too.
Join the team at the forefront of this mission-critical industry.
NetNation is seeking a Mail Systems Administrator to fill a vital role in our L3 Service Operations team. The position includes a variety of responsibilities in a fast-paced environment. The Mail Systems Administrator is responsible for the setup, configuration and maintenance of mail systems as well as reporting system statuses to management both verbally and in written form.
The Mail Systems Administrator will be interfacing with key stakeholders including Global NOC, Technical Support, R&D and occasionally Project Managers. The successful incumbent has to be an excellent communicator who possesses the desire and patience to work with other members of the staff to fix and improve existing services as well as add new ones.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work with all levels of Technical Support to resolve all system-related customer issues. Serve as last point of technical escalation. Identify, troubleshoot and resolve issues quickly and effectively, sometimes under pressure.
- Resolve trouble tickets escalated by lower support tiers.
- Perform system monitoring, maintenance and configuration on several variants of Linux (primarily Debian and CentOS).
- Install/monitor/administer new Internet accessible and/or application servers running several variants of Linux (primarily Debian and CentOS). Install and setup systems as required to support growth and new projects, working closely with R&D and DevOps.
- Manage spam and security related issues on the mail platform. Implement improvements as needed.
- Install, configure, optimize and maintain services including but not limited to Apache, Nginx, MySQL/MariaDB/LVS/Bind/MyDNS/PowerDNS, Sendmail/Postfix/Exim and FTP.
- Must be available to work flexible shifts and cover on-call rotational duties.
DESIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or another similar technical discipline or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Previous experience with System Administration is a plus; preferably with both Linux and Windows.
- Demonstrated abilities to perform periodic software and hardware system updates, upgrades, backups/restoration and security patches.
- Previous experience in a specialized focus in one of the following areas: backups/CDP, mail systems, VMware, Nagios, Windows Hyper-V, High Availability, Database, etc.
- Excellent team player with high-level problem solving skills.
- Familiarity with one or more of the following is a plus: HA (Heartbeat, Pacemaker/Corosync), DRBD, Puppet.
- Knowledge of LAN, WAN, VLAN and networking technologies, components and protocols.
- Familiarity with system administration on several variants of Linux, including but not limited to Debian, RH, Centos. Windows 2003/2008/2012 is a plus.
- Experience with the management and operations of VMware versions 4.x and 6.x is a plus
- Experience with Shell scripting, PERL or C is a plus.
- Working knowledge of clusterization (i.e. Windows cluster and/or Linux LVS).High-level organizational and communication skills. Possessing RHCE/LPI certification and working knowledge of SQL and LDAP are assets.
- Experience with security solutions, preferably with Alert Logic, is a plus.
NetNation, a division of Ntirety is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer (EEO/AA).
NetNation offersacompetitivesalaryandbenefitsincludingPaidTimeOff, FREE Medical to Employees, Dental,retirementplan with 401(k) match, andmuchmore.Ifyouareinterestedinjoiningaprofitable, growing,anddynamiccompany,wewanttohearfromyou! Ntirety isanEqual OpportunityEmployeranddoesnotdiscriminateonthebasisofrace,color,religion, sex,age,nationalorigin,disability,veteranstatus, sexualorientation,oranyother classificationprotectedby Federal,Stateorlocallaw.
NetNation thanks all candidates for their interest; however, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.