Do what you love. Love what you do.
At Workday, we help the world’s largest organizations adapt to what’s next by bringing finance, HR, and planning into a single enterprise cloud. We work hard, and we’re serious about what we do. But we like to have fun, too. We put people first, celebrate diversity, drive innovation, and do good in the communities where we live and work.
Workday is the cloud-based SaaS company providing industry-leading software for HR, financials, workforce planning and employee experience to more than 40% of the Fortune 500. We are the Machine Learning Product team at Workday. Our focus is on the application of machine learning and statistical analysis to Workday’s products to serve our end users. We leverage diverse datasets to build data-driven products, which help the world’s largest organizations uncover insights and make strategic decisions about their people, finances, and business. We routinely work on data with high velocity, volume and variety and we employ a modern machine learning distributed computing and big data software stack to deal with these challenges.
It’s fun to work in a company where people truly believe in what they’re doing. At Workday, we’re committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business of enterprise applications. We work hard, and we’re serious about what we do. But we like to have a good time, too. In fact, we run our company with that principle in mind every day: One of our core values is fun.
This is an opportunity to be part of a growth team focused on building personalization capabilities into our products. As the product manager in Workday’s Machine Learning organization, you will define and own the product roadmap for Workday’s core people experience products. You will be able to make an impact on thousands of enterprise customers.
What you’ll do in this role:
- Develop and own a comprehensive product roadmap and strategy by working together with engineering, design and other cross-functional teams.
- Work with engineering to execute on the roadmap, including writing detailed, domain-specific specifications.
- Validate use cases, own feature delivery and partner with cross-functional teams to identify tradeoffs of a product
We are looking for someone who
- 2-5 years in a technical product management role
- is focused on growing a deep core competency in machine learning
- is excited to partner closely and efficiently with engineering and product teams
- is detail and systems oriented
- likes tackling complicated systems – both learning the detail, and understanding the strategy
- has consistent record of taking ownership and successfully delivering results in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- prioritizes data-driven decision making