David Aplin Group, one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies, has partnered with our client to recruit a Machine Learning Engineer to assist with a complex technology project in Winnipeg, Manitoba.
The Machine Learning Engineer will design, develop, and implement special projects within the software development division. The successful candidate will be experienced in developing and optimizing machine learning-based projects for deploym ent at scale.
- Work with a team of Engineers and Data Scientists to build tools and pipelines to improve our machine learning deployments and systems
- Collaborate with Data Scientists to optimize research outcomes and models for production
- Design, develop and maintain scalable production of machine learning pipelines, including data ingestion, data transformation, data validation, automatic model training, automatic model tuning, model evaluation, orchestration, model management, and other components
- Consume and scale machine learning models by using Kubernetes and AWS-based cloud technologies
- Work closely alongside a team of Data Scientists and engineers as they relate to various projects such as Email prediction, Chat prediction, and Voice
- Assist in hyperparameter tuning of models for optimal performance
- Make recommendations for new metrics, techniques, process improvements and strategies
- Support a platform providing ad-hoc and automated access to large datasets, models and predictions
- Develop applications that interface with CRM systems, Chat systems, and Telephony systems
The Ideal Candidate:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or Computer Engineering
- Practical experience in machine learning development
- Minimum 2 years of recent software development experience (required)
- Experience with Kubeflow (preferred)
- Experience in AI / ML and data pipeline building (preferred)
- Experience with Object Relationship Mapping like Entity framework (preferred)
- Experience with automated testing (unit/integration testing, etc) (preferred)
- Experience within an agile development environment (preferred)
- Experience building and consuming web services
- Proficiency with SQL databases and data access
- Skilled programming experience in a language such as Python and C# or similar
- Experience configuring and using AWS or equivalent cloud environment
- Strong documentation skills and the ability to explain software engineering and machine learning concepts to stakeholders
- The proven ability to architect scalable, maintainable software and a high-level understanding of data science concepts
- Great communication skills
- Comfortable working with a wide range of stakeholders and functional teams
If you are interested in this position and meet the above criteria, please send your resume in confidence directly to Jim Juacalla ([email protected]) or Ron Cantiveros ([email protected]), at Aplin Information Technology. We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
WE APPRECIATE YOUR INTEREST IN DAVID APLIN GROUP.
If this is your first introduction to us, we invite you to become one of our satisfied candidates. David Aplin Group has been Canadian-owned since 1975. Our professional consultants are passionate about helping you find a fulfilling job or career and ensuring your complete satisfaction with our process. Our proven track record, over four decades long, is largely due to our team of highly skilled and successful specialists. Through superior service and a commitment to long-term relationships, we provide deep specialization in core areas for complete recruiting and HR solutions across Canada – all from one source. We look forward to exceeding your expectations!
Learn more about David Aplin Group and view all of our current job opportunities, career tips, and tools at www.aplin.com.