Are you looking for unlimited opportunities to develop and succeed? With work that challenges and makes a difference, within a flexible and supportive environment, we can help our customers achieve their dreams and aspirations.
Calling on aMachine Learning Engineerwho can seamlessly combine tech know-how with business acumen to go from a promising ML experiment to a shipped product, with real-world impact.
You will join the Canadian Advanced Analytics team to focus on delivering machine learning models into production and accelerate the development of ML solutions across Canada Segment. You will enable data scientists to translate models they create into optimized full-fledged AI/ML products and improve the maintainability of models by providing a common set of infrastructure and monitoring capabilities (MLOps).
Not only are you experienced in ML tech stack, but you have a firm grasp of Azure PaaS technologies, platforms and applications, and have intimate knowledge of how best to customize these for our business, to help us become more efficient. A true greenfield opportunity, you will join the team as we embark on cloud native architecture.
- Build end-to-end machine learning solutions to solve complex customer problems
- Working in collaboration with customers across Canadian business to plan, scope, implement and sustain predictive analytics solutions
- Architecting, developing, optimizing and owning the deployment of ML functionalities into production systems
- Design and evaluate new approaches for handling high-volume real-time data streams in an inferencing environment
- Defining best practices for code, APIs, and frameworks that will lay the foundation for MLOps capabilities
- Proposing appropriate tools (languages/libraries/frameworks) for implementing projects
- Working closely with Infrastructure architects to design scalable and cost-effective solutions
- Perform ETL to build model features
- Following Software Deployment and QA processes and MLOps best practices
- Develop measurements and feedback systems
- Mentor associates and peers on DevOps/MLOps best practices
- Strong software development skills (+3 years working experience) with proficiency in Python
- Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases and SQL
- Minimum 1 year of experience in productionizing code through DevOps pipeline (git, Jenkins pipeline, code scan) the last 3 years
- Experience working with cloud native architecture (PaaS) using Azure stack preferably and experience with Azure ML, DataBricks, EventHub will be an asset.
- Working experience in building and deploying machine learning models as REST-based API using Flask, Elasticsearch, GraphQL, etc
- Experience in building ETL pipelines to perform feature engineering on large-scale dataset using Spark
- An ability to balance a sense of urgency with shipping high quality and pragmatic solutions
- Experience with user interface design (UX, PowerBI, node.js) and iterative customer-driven design processes would be an asset.
If you are ready to unleash your potential, it’s time to start your career with Manulife/John Hancock.
Manulife Financial Corporation is a leading international financial services group that helps people make their decisions easier and lives better. With our global headquarters in Toronto, Canada, we operate as Manulife across our offices in Canada, Asia, and Europe, and primarily as John Hancock in the United States. We provide financial advice, insurance, and wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. At the end of 2019, we had more than 35,000 employees, over 98,000 agents, and thousands of distribution partners, serving almost 30 million customers. As of September 30, 2020, we had $1.3 trillion (US$943 billion) in assets under management and administration, and in the previous 12 months we made $31.2 billion in payments to our customers. Our principal operations are in Asia, Canada and the United States where we have served customers for more than 155 years. We trade as ‘MFC’ on the Toronto, New York, and the Philippine stock exchanges and under ‘945’ in Hong Kong.
Manulife is an Equal Opportunity Employer
At Manulife/JohnHancock, we embrace our diversity. We strive to attract,developandretaina workforce that is as diverse as the customers we serve and to foster an inclusive work environment that embraces the strength of cultures and individuals. We are committed to fair recruitment, retention,advancement and compensation, and we administer all of our practices and programs without discrimination on the basis of race, ancestry, place of origin,colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, religion or religious beliefs, creed, sex (including pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions), sexual orientation, genetic characteristics, veteran status, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, family status, disability, or any other ground protected by applicable law.
It is our priority to remove barriers toprovideequal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will work with applicants who request a reasonable accommodation during the application process.All information shared during the accommodation request process will be stored and used in a manner that is consistent withapplicable laws and Manulife/John Hancock policies.To request a reasonable accommodation in the application process, contact [email protected]