Scope of the Position
This role is to assist Sales, Business, Supply Chain and Customer Service Groups by providing logistics based analysis and SAP support. Ensure that contracted carrier assets are deployed as efficiently and effectively as possible across the entire North American transportation system helping Chemtrade to achieve both our lowest possible cost options while achieving acceptable service levels to our customers.
Shift: Monday to Friday 40 hours
- Conduct monthly variance analysis on actual freight costs vs. annual financial plan, and vs. previous year and identify key trends/issues.
- Identify opportunities for freight savings due to alternate carriers, routings, and/or sourcing.
- Provide efficient and competitive freight rates, quotes/estimates and support as required for Chemtrade businesses.
- Maintain centralized database to capture all the rate requests along with the rate responses (rate $, validity period etc.)
- Conduct private fleet analysis (utilization, costs vs. plan and other KPI’s)
- Assist with contract renewals by providing analysis (historical data / Industry benchmark analysis).
- Review freight costs built into annual financial plans for accuracy.
- Analyze fuel surcharges, both cost and revenue. Track accessorial freight expenses, and look for opportunities to reduce these.
- Prepares claims against carriers as needed.
- Assist in RFP Preparation and analysis for the department.
- Manage the Freight Rate desk.
- Collect and report Transportation issues as compiled in NCR/IMS assist in the resolution of NCR’s with internal personnel (sales/CSRs) and carriers.
- Other duties as required
What You Need To Be Successful
- Bachelor in Supply Chain, Logistics or related field is highly preferred or 2-5 years of relevant experience
- Must be a self-starter who can demonstrate a high level of energy and urgency.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize is essential along with strong communication skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office/Excel
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- SAP experience is a benefit
- Logistics Service Manager
CHEMTRADE is a publically traded (TSX: CHE.UN) chemical manufacturing and handling company headquartered in Toronto, Canada with 65+ locations across North America and Brazil. Chemtrade provides industrial chemicals and services to our customers in three main business segments; Sulphur & Performance Chemicals, Water Solutions and Electrochemicals. Chemtrade is a reliable industry partner to the Oil & Gas, Pulp & Paper, Water Treatment, Food & Beverage and Pharmaceutical industries and is committed to the codes and ethics of Responsible Care 14001.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Learn more about Chemtrade by visiting www.chemtradelogistics.com or follow us on