NCR Corporation (NYSE: NCR) is a leading software- and services-led enterprise provider in the financial, retail and hospitality industries. NCR is headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, with 36,000 employees globally. NCR is a trademark of NCR Corporation in the United States and other countries.
Title: Logistics Analyst
Location: Mississauga, ON
About the role:
Import / Export Customs Compliance lead will be the subject matter expert and accountable for leading Canadian import/export business operations. The incumbent will be responsible for Customs import / export trade compliance, international transportation management; related analysis & reporting. The position is highly visible, requiring interaction with both internal / external stakeholders (e.g., NCR internal customers, freight forwarders; carriers; etc.), excellent communication skills, and prior demonstrated work experience in an international logistics position.
POSITION SUMMARY & KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Primary function of role is to be familiar with and have the ability to perform assignments related to inbound logistics, dock to dock inventory location controls, and outbound logistics; Main focus areas are to interface with the inventory control system through Legacy system, to quote customer’s equipment
- Position required to be updated on all PSI Program changes; Be updated to be in compliance with both Anexo 24 and Article 303 to develop a workable and effective strategy with reasonable care and due diligence to avoid exposure to serious penalties, fines, or the loss of import privileges
- Maintain a continuous communication with the U.S. Warehouse and the Shipping department to verify that the imported/exported goods are properly documented
- Maintain a continuous communication with the Freight Companies to assure the pick up of shipments in a timely manner
- Keeps parts (raw materials) on PSI data base updated with costs information
- Keep a daily report on all Import/Export movements (departure and arrival times, red light inspections etc.)
- Strict Follow-up on all Import/Export shipments from the time they leave the Plant/U.S. Warehouse to their destination; Keep involved parties (U.S. Warehouse, Shipping Department, Production, Immediate Supervisor and Plant manager informed
- Keep a strict control on Truck Safety Seals (Follow C-TPAT requirements)
- Elaboration of Imported and Exported Equipment Reports for Accounting Department needs (Monthly Statistics Report for SECON); Elaboration of Annual Operations Report for SECON
- Inspects product based on quality checklist, notifies supervisor of any discrepancies; Records inventory transactions
- Makes routine adjustments to work area machines or systems
- Completing high value customs declaration entries using ITMR4 Software.
- Auditing customs declaration for high compliance level.
- Provide compliance guideline to internal and external customers to reduce the risks of penalties.
- Acting on expedited shipments to resolution.
- Providing tracking/tracing and proof of delivery (POD) details for internal customers
- Generate month end reports and payment to Receiver General of Canada for duty/GST
- Other duties and to oversee Export requests and LVS shipments.
CUSTOMS SPECIALIST REQUIREMENT
- Certified Customs Specialist (CCS) certificate
- Bachelor’s degree in logistics or relevant experience
- 3+ years of customs experience required
- Strong tariff classification skills
- Self-driven independent – working with minimal supervision, with the ability to work well with a team.
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills
- Strong data entry skills
- Strong computer skills
Offers of employment are conditional upon passage of screening criteria applicable to the job.
Integrated into our shared values is NCR’s commitment to diversity and equal employment opportunity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, age, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, military service, genetic information, or any other characteristic or conduct protected by law. NCR is committed to being a globally inclusive company where all people are treated fairly, recognized for their individuality, promoted based on performance and encouraged to strive to reach their full potential. We believe in understanding and respecting differences among all people. Every individual at NCR has an ongoing responsibility to respect and support a globally diverse environment.
Statement to Third Party Agencies
To ALL recruitment agencies: NCR only accepts resumes from agencies on the NCR preferred supplier list. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, NCR employees, or any NCR facility. NCR is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.