As the world’s leading independent, end-to-end IT services company, DXC Technology (NYSE: DXC) leads digital transformations for clients by modernizing and integrating their mainstream IT, and by deploying digital solutions at scale to produce better business outcomes. The company’s technology independence, global talent, and extensive partner network enable 6,000 private and public-sector clients in 70 countries to thrive on change. DXC is a recognized leader in corporate responsibility. For more information, visit www.dxc.technology and explore thrive.dxc.technology, DXC’s digital destination for changemakers and innovators.
Our Middleware Professional System Administrator Installs, investigates and resolves routine and complex matters of significance with Middleware systems running under Linux/Unix. The skillset of the ideal candidate should allow a full range of activities, from basic troubleshooting, to installation, and all the way to architectural recommendations for Middleware systems at our client on-site. The selected candidate will have responsibility in both Project and run and maintain activities of large enterprise systems with thousands of users around the globe.
Essential Job Functions
- Experience in installation, run, and maintain of Middleware systems running under Linux/Unix Operating Systems, with core technical proficiency in the administration and support of Jboss, Tomcat, Apache HTTP Server/Proxy.
- Experience in Internet & Webhosting Architecture under Linux/Unix Operating System, including DMZ best practices.
- Experience in network technologies relevant to middleware systems such as TCP/IP, DNS, HTTP/S standards, Load Balancers
- Proficiency in scripting and automation methodologies in Unix/Linux shell and bash scripting.
- Working knowledge of SSL and SSL certificate management.
- Familiarity with Java containers (JVM), JVM Monitoring tools, and common Java specifications
- Experience in the analysis of logs and traces to resolve complex software/hardware problems in middleware systems.
- Coordinates and monitors troubleshooting to isolate and diagnose common system problems; documents system events to ensure continuous functioning. Recommends course of action and implements as approved.
- Experienced in the use of corporate tools to record change and problem activities for tracking purposes.
- 4 or more years of practical experience in administering UNIX, HP/UX 11.2x , and Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6 or 7
- Practical experience with Java Web Server
- Practical experience with jBoss Enterprise Application server 6x
- Practical experience with Apache Web Server , Apache Tomcat 7x , Apache Web Server 2.4
- Strong Networking skills, such as troubleshooting, DNS, and tracing.
- Experience using F5 Big-IP Admin or other load balancer technologies
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Experience working with computer hardware for installation and upgrades
- Experience working with software installation/upgrading procedures
- Experience working with file and system maintenance procedures
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, or related field is preferred.
- IIS Web Server & PowerShell scripting a plus
- Atlassian Confluence Installation and Administration a plus
- French language skills a plus
- Organizational skills to balance and prioritize work, and multitask
- Good analytical and problem solving skills to troubleshoot systems problems
- Good communication skills to communicate with support personnel, customers, and managers
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Office environment
- On-call, shift, weekend and evening work under rotation, with overtime.