Ubisoft Montreal, an industry leading developer of video games, located in the heart of Montreal’s Mile-End, offers a unique environment where creativity, teamwork and cutting-edge technology bring to life critically acclaimed video games and iconic AAA franchises.
When you join Ubi Montreal, you enter a community of passionate, extraordinary people connected by their need to innovate, to be creative and to work with the latest technology. You’ll discover a world where employees enjoy constant career advancement, a supportive learning environment, and competitive compensation packages.
Ubisoft is seeking an experienced Linux Administrator to join our Global Network Services (GNS) team. The GNS team is composed of Network professionals, Systems Administrators specialized in Microsoft, Linux products, and Network Architects. They apply their expertise to service Ubisoft game development to support business activities in North America, Europe and Asia with the highest degree of quality.
As our Linux Administrator, you will ensure proper functioning of various Linux servers and tools. Additionally, you will work with a range of network and telecommunications tools, develop automation scripts, and participate in the development and implementation of Ubisoft’s systems and network projects.
- Responsible for the proper daily operations of the Linux systems under his responsibility, including tasks like installations, maintenance, upgrades of Linux servers (Hardware and Software) as well as perform system & application patching;
- Support production environments leveraging Cloud solutions;
- Work with DevOps best practices and implement CI/CD pipelines;
- Implement automation of recurrent tasks through scripting;
- Monitor system events to ensure health, maximum system availability and service quality;
- Troubleshoot emergency situations (must be able to work flexible hours and overtime as required);
- Maintain documentation regarding configurations, operations and troubleshooting procedures;
- Participate in post-mortem and root cause analysis;
- Participate in evaluation new requirements; technical designs, the definition of standards, guidelines, best practices and metrics as directed;
- Answer user’s query and service requests.
- A Baccalaureate Degree or equivalent experience in Computer Information Systems, Computer Science, Mathematics or a related field.
- 3-5 years of experience in Linux systems administration in a 300+ server environment;
- RHCE Certification is an asset.
- Skill in developing techniques and methodologies to resolve unprecedented problems or situations;
- Must be a self-starter that requires only limited supervision/guidance;
- Have good interpersonal communication skills.
- Expertize in Linux operating systems (CentOs, RHEL, Debian);
- Excellent knowledge of scripting languages (Bash, Go, Python);
- Good knowledge of DevOps philosophy (CI/CD);
- Good knowledge of automation and orchestration tools (Chef, Docker, Kubernetes);
- Good knowledge of Terraform (nice to have);
- Good knowledge of technologies of ELK and other monitoring tools;
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL databases such as MongoDB, Mysql, Postgres;
- Experience in Web Servers (Apache, Nginx);
- General knowledge of Cloud providers such as AWS, Google, Azure;
- Bilingualism (French – English; oral and written).
Skills and competencies show up in different forms and can be based on different experiences, that's why we strongly encourage you to apply even though you may not have all the requirements listed above.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.
Videos To Watch