Desjardins Group is the largest cooperative financial group in Canada, and one of the largest employers in the country. It offers a full range of financial products and services and is home to a wealth of expertise in property and casualty insurance, life and health insurance, wealth management, services for businesses of all sizes, securities brokerage, asset management, venture capital, and secure, leading-edge virtual access methods.
As Linux Middleware Administrator, your role is to automate the implementation and configuration of Linux middleware and advise on the stability of modern property and casualty insurance infrastructure.
You work in a cloud Azure environment in which the targets are based on deployment as code (IaC), configuration as code (CaC) and continuous deployment.
General Information on the Position
More specifically, you work on the team in charge of all the property and casualty insurance infrastructure, which is undergoing a major technology change. In a multidisciplinary, agile squad environment, in close collaboration with a dynamic business sector, the team is in charge of supporting the development teams in setting up testing environments, deploying code and looking after shared production infrastructure.
Your role involves performing analyses and participating in the diagnostics for problems and situations related to deliveries and deployments, technology infrastructure operations, monitoring and quality control. You provide opinions in accordance with the rules of your discipline and help develop recommendations and implementation plans. You improve the autonomy of the development teams by implementing tools, work methods and processes. Your projects and initiatives require extensive knowledge of your line of work. Here are some of the technologies that you use: Azure DevOps, Jenkins, Git, SonarQube, Artifactory, Ansible, Kurbernetes, Docker, PowerShell and many more.
- Automate the implementation and configuration of Linux middleware in a cloud Azure environment.
- Help resolve problems in our DGIG environments.
- Ensure the stability of middleware in production.
- Provide advice and improve our products in order to implement stable, secure and efficient environments.
- Develop deployment scripts as code and configuration as code in a continuous delivery target.
- Improve the autonomy of our collaborators by developing tools and pipelines.
- Prepare documentation on functionalities being developed.
- Collaborate with various stakeholders (designer, functional analyst) in implementing technology solutions.
- Track assigned tasks with Jira.
- Review your team’s coding.
- Propose any improvements that could enhance team efficiency and code quality.
Other working conditions
- Workplace : Montréal or Lévis according to the candidate’s preference
- Number of job available: 2
- Bachelor’s degree
- A minimum of 4 years of relevant experience
- Relevant experience in the administration of some of the following products: JBoss, Tomcat, Apache, Kafka, Solr
- Substantial operations experience (an asset)
Please note that other combinaisons of qualifications and relevant experience may be considered
- For vacant positions available in Quebec, please note that knowledge of French is required
- Independent speaker, intermediate knowledge of English
- Good knowledge of infrastructure (telecom, server, security)
- Knowledge of PowerShell and/or ARM scripting
- Knowledge of Linux
- Knowledge of delivery processes in continuous development pipeline mode (CI/CD)
- Knowledge of Ansible and/or Chef automation (an asset)
- Knowledge of the cloud Azure environment (an asset)
- Knowledge of Docker and Kubernetes (an asset)
- Knowledge of development pipeline concepts and of branch development (an asset)
- Knowledge of the property and casualty insurance sector (an asset)
Desjardins Cross-sector skills
Action oriented, Collaborates, Customer Focus, Innovation
Key competencies for the job
Action oriented, Business insight, Collaborates, Customer Focus, Innovation, Interpersonal Savvy
150, rue des Commandeurs Lévis
Information technology (FG)