Who are we?
Founded in 1924, Irving Oil is a family-owned international refining and marketing company with a history of long-term partnerships and relationships. With operations throughout Eastern Canada, New England and Ireland we focus on delivering quality products and exceptional service to our customers and our communities. Every day, we strive to put our good energy in action to bring families together, support the environment and local wildlife, and to create learning opportunities that empower the next generation.
Here’s what you can expect from us:
When you’re a part of our team, you’ll see how we bring good energy to all that we do. At Irving Oil, we strive for a work environment where each of us feels we belong, can bring our whole selves to work, and where we treat our fellow employees with kindness and respect. Together, we will support our corporate strategy, high standards and the communities where we live and work. Our collaborative approach, safety-first culture and commitment to building resilient teams helps reinforce our internal brand position where People Matter. That’s why we’re dedicated to investing in our employees’ potential, so that they can reach their career goals.
What you can expect in a typical day:
If you enjoy adult facilitation and creative learning in a collaborative team environment, the Learning Analyst role could be a great career move for you! As a member of the Organizational Effectiveness team, the Learning Analyst will lead the end to end development and execution of training plans related to enterprise level change initiatives and business line technical training. This will include development of training materials and training evaluation including needs assessment and curriculum design work for key change projects. This position will focus on the delivery of high-quality learning programs, which are designed to impact business outcomes and overall employee satisfaction, to stakeholders across the company.
What you’ll need to succeed:
- Facilitate learning sessions, either face to face or virtually
- Interview key stakeholders, project leads and sponsors
- Conduct document and process reviews; facilitate focus groups etc.
- Provide learning recommendations to fulfill the gap(s)
- Partner with change lead supporting execution of communication & change activities to determine training schedule that ensures maximum attendance with minimal impact to serving our customers
- Identify session facilitator, confirm design creation and review process including key sign off milestones
- Create learning objectives linked to desired performance outcomes (Affective/Cognitive/Psychomotor)
- Compose learning cycles to include experiential learning activities: simulations, case studies, testing, role play and demonstrations
- Document lesson plans to include timing and instructions for facilitation
- Compose training materials: reference guides, system manuals, power point presentations, activities and evaluations consistent with Irving Oil brand standards
- Publish training materials in paper and online form as required
- Consult with external training vendors to ensure course content and materials are relevant and meet Irving Oil brand standards as required
- Partner with Subject Matter Expert / Project Sponsor or Manager to prepare for training delivery
- Conduct dry run training session with peers for feedback as required
- Develop a training program that fosters an engaging and welcoming learning environment
- Anticipate participants learning styles and adapt learning plan to accommodate
- Manage employee participation using ground rules and parking lot items
- Strong collaboration skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, work well under pressure, and possess strong organizational skills
- Strong decision-making skills with the ability to think analytically and critically to solve problems
- Enthusiastic and creative about learning with the aptitude to make complex ideas easy to understand
- Results focused with ability to be adaptable and flexible in any situation
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills to work effectively with cross functional teams
- Travel may be a requirement for this role
Education and Experience:
- Post-secondary education (Bachelor of Education) or relevant experience
- 3 -5 years in experience in training/learning and instructional design along with facilitation experience
- Extensive experience using MS Excel, Word, Visio, and PowerPoint
- Training in Adult Education Principles or Education background is an asset
Irving Oil supports a diverse and inclusive work environment and welcomes applications from all qualified applicants.
Job Requirements – Work Experience
Job Requirements – Education
Saint John, NB