What is the opportunity?
We are looking for an experienced Software Engineering Technical Lead to join the Mobile Services and ISAM team. Your expertise will lead the design, development and maintenance of Services on platforms such as Bluemix and Mobiliser, providing service integration, authentication & application session management as well HTTP Webview integration for mobile applications.
What will you do?
- Work with architecture and business sponsor(s) to assess, design and estimate solutions, assuming end-to-end technical responsibility and engaging IT partners into implementation while adhering to enterprise-level and group-level standards and best-practices within mobile banking
- Identify and recommend new cost-effective application development solutions to meet business objectives
- Responsible for the end-to-end technical solution as defined by the solution architecture and resolving design ambiguity
- Provide technical leadership, expert counsel and guidance to the development team, adhering to solution architecture and best practices
- Leads complex group meetings (including business partners) for technical design, decision making, problem solving, implementation and strategic planning
- Provides direction, expertise, feedback, coaching and development to build the capability of junior technical development staff
What do you need to succeed?
- Undergraduate Computer Science or Engineering Degree or equivalent experience.
- Proven experience in leading development team on large projects or programs interfacing with multiple applications and/or third-parties
- Solid grasp of OO principles.
- 7+ years experience with Java technologies such as: Spring, Spring Boot, JAX-WS and JAX-RS
- Experience with IntelliJ, Eclipse IDE
- Experience with Source Code Management system such as GIT
- Experience with DevOps such as UrbanCode Deploy and Jenkins
- Experience with IBM Websphere, Webservices (SOAP and REST)
- Middleware technologies (ex. MQSeries/Websphere, XML)
- IT Standards, Methodologies, CMM & audit requirements
- Business knowledge of Retail Banking, Mobile Technologies
- Familiarity and experience with Sybase Mobiliser platform, Apache Tomcat
- Experience at a Financial Institution and related product/process knowledge
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients succeed. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities and achieving success that is mutual. Visit people.rbc.com
- 4 weeks vacation
- Continued career advancement opportunities
- Exposure to strong mentorship and leadership examples
- A world-class training program in financial services
- Opportunities to be a valuable member of a close-knit, collaborative team that encourages networking
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits
- Competitive compensation
Learn more about RBC Tech Jobs
Royal Bank of Canada is Canada’s largest bank, and one of the largest banks in the world, based on market capitalization. We are one of North America’s leading diversified financial services companies, and provide personal and commercial banking, wealth management, insurance, investor services and capital markets products and services on a global basis. We have over 80,000 full- and part-time employees who serve more than 16 million personal, business, public sector and institutional clients through offices in Canada, the U.S. and 37 other countries. For more information, please visit rbc.com.
Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at rbc.com/careers .
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
RBC is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status, Aboriginal/Native American status or any other legally-protected factors. Disability-related accommodations during the application process are available upon request.
Address: 88 Queens Quay West
Work Hours/Week: 37.5
Work Environment: Office
Employment Type: Permanent
Career Level: Experienced Hire/Professional
Pay Type: Salary + Variable Bonus
Required Travel(%): 0-25
People Manager: Yes
Application Deadline: 03/31/2021
Req ID: 325098