Requisition ID: 100082
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off.
Scotiabank’s Information Technology and Solutions provides global technology solutions support to each of our core businesses – Domestic Banking, International Banking, Global Banking & Markets and Global Wealth & Insurance. Our technology-based solutions enable Scotiabank to achieve sustained profitable growth and a competitive advantage.
We are seeking a lead software engineer to join our Market Risk technology team to contribute to a range of projects including building a consolidated market risk limit monitoring system, enhancing our sensitivity generator, improving our reporting and analytics solution, and to deliver high availability applications and solutions to support Risk Management needs. This is a good opportunity to gain exposure to risk management and capital market.
The Lead software engineer is a key position in the Global Wholesale, Wealth, and Risk Technology – Market Risk team, responsible for supporting and delivering system solutions for Global Risk Management. The successful candidate will work closely with various stakeholders including business partners in risk management & financial engineering, business analyst, architecture, and infrastructure and support to understand business requirements and drive the analysis and design of quality technical solutions that best support the business need.
Is this role right for you?
- Successful candidate will be responsible for the effective design, development, and delivery of highly complex applications with focus on accuracy, performance, security and user experience. Utilizing a variety of technologies (including Java, Springboot, Oracle, PL/SQL, Angular, Docker, Python and more) and with application deployed on private and public cloud (Azure and Google).
Ideal candidate would be required to
- have broad and deep technical knowledge, typically ranging from front-end UIs through to back-end systems.
- Help drive strategy to transform and modernize our market risk management platforms using new technologies and tools available that best support the business needs and growth.
- Responsible for the design, architecture and the successful implementation of effective and quality solutions that resolve highly complex business problems and support business needs.
- Act as Subject matter expert and lead the team to work with diverse set of technologies to implement new systems, or enhancements of existing implementations, and ensure sound integration with surrounding components from end to end operational perspective. This include overhauling our legacy C#, .net implementation and migrate it to Azure Cloud Stack using Java and Angular.
- Ensure that delivery meets the integrity, quality, performance and reliability requirements by building automated testing and regression suites and use of DevOps principles.
- To coordinate infrastructure needs for requisitioning Unix and Windows Servers, Cloud based infrastructure, databases and assist actively with documentational requirements covering architecture, security and operational readiness.
- Be flexible and thrive in an evolving environment
Do you have the skills that will enable you to succeed in this role?
- 7+ years of strong development experience in Java, Spring boot, Angular 7+, .net
- 5+ Python with knowledge of at least one Python web framework (Flask preferred).
- 5+ years of experience working with fluency on Linux environment with Linux command line, and shell script
- 3+ years as lead developer and with experience managing a team
- Experience with DevOps and continuous delivery and deployment methodologies based off bitbucket, Microsoft TFS, Jenkins
- Experience with XML and Json data format.
- Experience with cloud based application and microservices (Azure or GCP)
- Exposure to Apache Airflow would be an added plus.
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as strong problem-solving skills.
- Good understanding of object-oriented design and design patterns, micro services architecture and high performance, and multi-threading techniques
- Market risk or financial risk experience is a nice to have
What’s in it for you?
- We have an inclusive and collaborative working environment that encourages creativity, curiosity, and celebrates success!
- We provide you with the tools and technology needed to create beautiful customer experiences
- You’ll get to work with and learn from diverse industry leaders, who have hailed from top technology companies around the world
- We offer a competitive total rewards package that includes a base salary, a performance bonus, company matching programs (on pension & profit sharing), generous vacation, personal & sick days, personal development funding, maternity leave top-up, parental leave and much more.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
As Canada’s International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. Our employees are committed to a superior customer experience and use the Bank’s six guiding sales practice principles to ensure they act with honesty and integrity.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.