Is your passion for platform engineering? That is, envisioning and building the core services that underpin all Thomson Reuters’ products? Then we want you on our team! This role is in the Shared Capabilities organization where we build the foundational services that power Thomson Reuters’ products. This team is responsible for Customer Identity & Access Management (CIAM) and has been focused on Identity – end-user login and API security. This role is on a new subteam that will specifically focus on Access Management.
APIs delivered via a microservices architecture and secured with identity is the cloud-native future we’re heading towards, using forward-thinking infrastructure like Kubernetes & Istio and Lambda/Functions. Every product team depends on us and we’re changing the way Thomson Reuters builds and operates software.
As a platform engineer, you must thrive in a technical leadership role and naturally be a collaborative & transparent team member. You’ll be working primarily with:
- AWS and Azure public cloud
- Identity platforms (Auth0 and Ping) and identity standards (OAuth, OIDC, SAML and SCIM)
- Java and/or .Netcore
About the Role
As a Lead Software Engineer, you will
Develop and Deliver:
- Working with an architect, establish and entrench the architectural design & principles for CIAM – specifically an enterprise-wide access management solution for all Thomson Reuters products
- Establish software engineering best practices; provide tooling that makes compliance frictionless
- Drive a strong emphasis on test and deployment automation
- Be the “go-to” person for other software engineers on the team, tackling the toughest scenarios
- Ongoing participation in a Scrum team, and an embrace of the agile work model
- Participate in all aspects of the development lifecycle: Ideation, Design, Build, Test and Operate. We embrace a DevOps culture (“you build it, you run it”); while we have dedicated 24×7 level-1 support engineers, you may be called on to assist with level-2 support
Coach and mentor:
- Mentor other engineers inside and outside the team
- Extreme collaboration with all product teams; transparency is a must!
- Collaborate with development managers, architects, scrum masters, software engineers, DevOps engineers, product managers and project managers to deliver phenomenal software
Be curious and innovative:
- Keep up-to-date with emerging cloud technology trends especially in identity (OAuth2 DPOP, biometrics/WebAuthn/FIDO, Identity Proofing, …)
You’re a fit for the role of Lead Software Engineer if you have:
- Minimum of 8 years software engineering experience with 2 years of relevant cloud experience including most of the following:
- Experience with a major Identity Provider (ForgeRock, Ping, Okta, Auth0 …) either for workforce or customer identity and access management. Bonus point if you’ve worked with an access management solution like Ping Access, Symphonic, PlainID, Axiomatics or Open Policy Agent.
- Building cloud native applications and services on Google, Azure or AWS
- Developing REST APIs using Java or .Net, with an emphasis on security (bonus points for OAuth2, OIDC, SAML or SCIM experience)
- Automation for CI/CD (CloudFormation, TerraForm, GitOps…)
- Bachelor’s degree in related technology program preferred.
What’s in it For You
At Thomson Reuters, our people are our greatest assets. Here are some of the benefits we offer for your personal and professional growth:
- Learning & Development:
- Exposure to a wide breadth of leading-edge technology
- Career growth – the ability to work on multiple projects and/or with various teams
- Professional growth and development opportunity through various training programs, conferences, networking events, in-house speaker series etc.
- Access to Hackathons, Unconferences, Harvard Manage Mentor and more, we offer learning opportunities for everyone
- Health benefits
- Savings/investment plans
- Paid time off (including time off to volunteer and extended parental leave)
- Flexibility:We’ve been named as one of Forbes, Best Companies for Work/Life Balance
- Global Opportunities:We have employees in over 90 countries, working across three different industries
- Your well-being:We offer a program that focuses on making our lives healthier
Do you want to be part of a team helping re-invent the way knowledge professionals work? How about a team that works every day to create a more transparent, just and inclusive future? At Thomson Reuters, we’ve been doing just that for almost 160 years. Our industry-leading products and services include highly specialized information-enabled software and tools for legal, tax, accounting and compliance professionals combined with the world’s most global news services – Reuters. We help these professionals do their jobs better, creating more time for them to focus on the things that matter most: advising, advocating, negotiating, governing and informing.
We are powered by the talents of 25,000 employees across more than 75 countries, where everyone has a chance to contribute and grow professionally in flexible work environments that celebrate diversity and inclusion. At a time when objectivity, accuracy, fairness and transparency are under attack, we consider it our duty to pursue them. Sound exciting? Join us and help shape the industries that move society forward.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under applicable law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
We also make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and for sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.