At Hopper, we’re on a mission to build the most customer-centric travel company on earth. We are leveraging the power that comes from combining massive amounts of data and machine learning to build the world’s fastest-growing mobile first travel marketplace – one that enables our customers to save money and travel better.
Hopper’s goal is to reduce traveler anxiety throughout all stages of the trip buying and taking process. By creating a transparent travel marketplace and unique, data-driven financial technology products focused on providing peace-of-mind, Hopper adds value along each step of the customer’s journey.
Hopper has launched several bespoke fintech products that leverage our immense first and third-party data to create products and value that do not exist elsewhere – including Refundable and Flexible Tickets and Price Freeze. Thanks to these offerings, we had triple-digit YoY revenue growth in 2020 despite the travel slowdown due to COVID-19.
With over $420M USD funding from leading investors in both Canada and the US, Hopper is primed to continue its acceleration to becoming the world’s fastest-growing end-to-end customer-centric travel offering.
Recognized as one of the world’s most innovative companies by Fast Company three years in a row, Hopper has been downloaded over 55 million times and sees over 1 million new installs per month. The app has received high praise in the form of mobile accolades such as the Webby Award for Best Travel App of 2019.
Come take off with us!
A stellar opportunity for massive impact: join a growing team at a company continually redefining how people travel. As the Lead Software Engineer for an emerging Hotels vertical, you will have the opportunity to shape the future of a new product and manage a growing team of engineers. You’ll be directly responsible for many of the innovative features we’ll be working on, whether collaborating with our outstanding design and product team or by partnering with our data scientists on cutting-edge work to personalize travel for our ever-expanding user base.
IN THIS ROLE, YOU WILL:
- Lead feature development and technical execution for our consumer-facing travel application and the backend services that power it.
- Align and drive team members toward an inspiring vision, while staging work to deliver value incrementally and consistently.
- Deliver a seamless user experience for our customers, leveraging Swift, Kotlin, and Scala and technologies like HBase, Kafka, GCP Big Query, Cloud SQL.
- Work hands-on with our team of software engineers and product managers to move quickly and continually raise the bar.
- Partner with the product manager to craft the product roadmap and OKRs
- Collaborate directly with Hopper’s technology leadership team to ensure Hopper’s success.
- Manage, mentor, and hire technical team members.
AN IDEAL CANDIDATE HAS:
- Managed a cross-functional team of mobile and backend developers
- Led an Agile development team
- Thrived in mobile development and delivered delightful user experiences at scale
- A drive to iterate on architecture in harmony with an Agile workflow
- A love of learning and teaching
- A desire to build something new and challenge the status quo
• Well-funded and proven startup with large ambitions, competitive salary and stock options
• Dynamic and entrepreneurial team where pushing limits is everyday business
• 100% employer paid medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance plans
• Access to a 401k (US) or Retirement Savings Plan (Canada)