At Hopper, we’re on a mission to build the most customer-centric travel company on earth. We are leveraging the power that comes from combining massive amounts of data and machine learning to build the world’s fastest-growing mobile first travel marketplace – one that enables our customers to save money and travel better.
Hopper’s goal is to reduce traveler anxiety throughout all stages of the trip buying and taking process. By creating a transparent travel marketplace and unique, data-driven financial technology products focused on providing peace-of-mind, Hopper adds value along each step of the customer’s journey.
Hopper has launched several bespoke fintech products that leverage our immense first and third-party data to create products and value that do not exist elsewhere – including Refundable and Flexible Tickets and Price Freeze. Thanks to these offerings, we had triple-digit YoY revenue growth in 2020 despite the travel slowdown due to COVID-19.
With over $420M USD funding from leading investors in both Canada and the US, Hopper is primed to continue its acceleration to becoming the world’s fastest-growing end-to-end customer-centric travel offering.
Recognized as one of the world’s most innovative companies by Fast Company three years in a row, Hopper has been downloaded over 55 million times and sees over 1 million new installs per month. The app has received high praise in the form of mobile accolades such as the Webby Award for Best Travel App of 2019.
Come take off with us!
Our new Finance Automation team is working closely with financial analysts, application engineers, data scientists and product owners to build an integrated platform for reliably tracking, understanding and growing our business. If you share a passion for building gold-standard process automation and data infrastructure, we’d love to talk to you.
As a Lead Software Developer at Hopper, you will leverage the latest technologies to solve challenging problems that will impact millions of users. You will lead a team of developers to break down complex problems and implement robust and scalable solutions.
IN THIS ROLE, YOU WILL:
- Align and drive team members towards an inspiring vision, yet stage work to deliver value incrementally
- Define data requirements, identify data sources, design and implement appropriate ETL processes using Google Cloud technologies
- Work closely with engineers, product managers and finance analysts to understand data needs.
- Develop and scale the data processing pipelines feeding our data warehouse and financial ledgers
- As a hands-on lead, you will work closely with business owners to deliver rapid value
- Manage, mentor, and coach technical team members
- Build integrations with third-party APIs to create new data sources.
- Deploy automated data pipeline management and monitoring.
- Experiment with new tools and technologies to improve efficiency.
- Establish and maintain rigorous data quality standards in our data pipelines and core datasets.
- Implement systems to measure data quality and consistency.
AN IDEAL CANDIDATE HAS:
- Experience integrating software with financial, ledger and ERP systems
- Experience managing a team of 3 to 5 developers
- Thorough understanding of at least one modern programming language such as Scala, Java, or Python
- Experience working in a cloud environment with data warehouse technologies such as BigQuery, Redshift, Athena and Snowflake
- Experience with designing and building large scale data pipelines with Function-as-a-Service frameworks like Lambas and Cloud Functions
- Demonstrable experience with SQL, HQL, CQL, etc.
- Backend development experience with Scala, Java, Python, unix shell scripting
- Experience building ETL pipelines is a strong plus
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills in English
- Effective analytical skills
• Well-funded and proven startup with large ambitions, competitive salary and stock options
• Dynamic and entrepreneurial team where pushing limits is everyday business
• 100% employer paid medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance plans
• Access to a 401k (US) or Retirement Savings Plan (Canada)