OPENTEXT – THE INFORMATION COMPANY
Together Carbonite-a leader in data protection and Webroot-a leader in data security-form the SMB and Consumer Division of OpenText. The mission of our joint offering is to make cyber resilience simple, reliable and accessible in the connected world. We enable comprehensive data protection for companies, consumers, and our vast network of partners around the globe.
Our business requires top talent. We foster a thriving, dynamic environment rich with inventive minds and entrepreneurial spirit. From engineering to sales and marketing, operations and customer support, our employees are empowered and encouraged to build their careers at OpenText.
We pride ourselves on hiring standout candidates who shine in a workplace that encourages collaboration and teamwork. We are growing fast, and looking for talented candidates around the globe. Are you ready to grow with us?
This is an exciting opportunity for a C# Lead Software Developer to work on a very decoupled, scalable architecture of Web API’s and applications that powers the backbone of the security endpoint based platform. There is a never a dull day and candidates will find themselves context switching on a number of different applications and projects to meet the ever evolving business needs.
As well as C#, candidates will get to work with and learn exciting cloud based technologies using Amazon Web Services, NoSQL databases for ‘Big Data’ and Docker containers for deployment to name a few. We always like to look at what is on the horizon with new technologies and what could be a good fit, so there is always something new to learn.
You are great at:
- Designing, building, and maintaining efficient, reusable, and reliable C# code
- Leading projects in terms of architecture and planning of Development Tasks
- Working side by side with the Software Development Manager in ensuring best practices such as SOLID principles and TDD methods are being followed
- Having a test first mindset on code testing through unit tests
- Ensuring the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of applications
- Helping maintain code quality, organization, and automation
- Mentoring of other developers
- Proactively recommending and leading improvements to the Development Lifecycle
What it takes:
- Very strong in C#, with a good knowledge of its ecosystems including RESTful Web API’s and MVC
- 7 + years of commercial software development experience
- Familiarity with the .NET framework (4.5 to 4.8, including .Net Core (up to version 3.1 desirable))
- Strong understanding of object-oriented programming, including SOLID principles (essential)
- Experienced using TDD (essential)
- Familiar with using Agile methodologies, such as SCRUM and Kanban
- Up to date knowledge of OWASP web security risks such as CSRF and XSS
- Understanding fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
- Proficient understanding of code source control versioning tools
- Experience with using cloud-based technologies, e.g. AWS
- Familiar with NoSQL databases (desirable)
- Worked with very high load API’s and applications (desirable)
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire the best talent regardless of race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, sex, age, veteran status or sexual orientation. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process please email [email protected] Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws including but not limited to: Family and Medical Leave Act (FLMA) , Equal Employment Opportunity and Employee Polygraph Protection Act