ehsAI is hiring Lead Machine Learning Developer to work in AI team on novel and disruptive solutions that will shape out company’s global vision to transform the way that EHS regulations are actioned, even written, in this new world of AI technology. You will need to have strong programming skills, a deep understanding of machine learning (algorithms & frameworks) in areas of Natural Language Processing; as well as excellent communication and planning skills.
Responsibilities and Deliverables
- Lead other machine learning developers with technical decisions to deploy models to product and integrate them with new or existing services
- Contribute to the entire development and deployment pipeline from proof-of-concept to model serving while meeting defined system requirements and constraints.
- Define validation and performance metrics for proposed algorithms.
- Build tools that will increase the productivity of teams developing AI-based systems (training of deep learning / reinforcement learning systems).
- Reports to the Chief Technology Officer
Skills & Work Traits
- Excellent aptitude and passion for leading people.
- Can communicate technical ideas fluently across audiences and incisively summarize the strategic implications of technical decisions.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of technology standards, industry trends, emerging technologies, and software development best practices
- Proactive, creative, and self-directed with a commitment to excellence.
- Effective analysis and troubleshooting skills, and persistence in solving problems.
- Working and up-to-date knowledge of object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, and complexity analysis.
- Experience with TensorFlow, PyTorch
- Experience with knowledge graph, dialog systems, conversational systems, semantic parsing
- Experience with CUDA, OpenCL or other GPU frameworks
- Experience with Golang and C++
- Experience with pre trained language models like BERT, GPT, Bart, LayoutLM, TAPAS
- 4+ years of hands-on experience developing and implementing machine learning algorithms
- Proficiency in Python
- Experience with NLP algorithms for sentence classification, NER, question answering
- Published papers in top conferences or journals such as NeurIPS/CVPR/IEEE Transactions
- Please note that this role requires a satisfactory Criminal Background Check and Public Safety Verification
ehsAI is a next wave compliance technology company that uses artificial intelligence and machine learning to help organizations reduce the cost and risks of permitting and compliance. As a start-up that was recently acquired by Intelex but continues to function as an independent business, we have joined the family of Industrial Scientific and Fortive, a Fortune 500 industry leader and have the support and backing to meet our goals. A woman-led business, ehsAI is committed to integrity, diversity and innovation in all its transactions and developing disruptive solutions that transform environmental, health and safety and compliance management for business. For more information, visit www.ehsai.ca