Citi Futures Front Office Technology is looking for a qualified senior Java developer for the Futures Risk and Execution program which will transform the pre-trade and at-trade risk and limit management for Futures trading and risk monitoring. Citi Futures Front Office Technology supports a rapidly growing business with a high degree of change. The role is a senior Java Full stack developer for the Futures Risk and Execution program which will transform the pre-trade and at-trade risk and limit management for Futures trading and monitoring.
- Your line of work is specific to the development of ourfront office risk system that is a hybrid of in house and vendor system
- Partner with multiple management teams to ensure appropriate integration of functions to meet goals as well as identify and define necessary system enhancements to deploy new products and process improvements
- Resolve variety of high impact problems/projects through in-depth evaluation of complex business processes, system processes, and industry standards
- Provide expertise in area and advanced knowledge of applications programming and ensure application design adheres to the overall architecture blueprint
- Utilize advanced knowledge of system flow and develop standards for coding, testing, debugging, and implementation
- Develop comprehensive knowledge of how areas of business, such as architecture and infrastructure, integrate to accomplish business goals
- Provide in-depth analysis with interpretive thinking to define issues and develop innovative solutions
- Serve as advisor or coach to mid-level developers and analysts, allocating work as necessary
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm’s reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- 10 + years of relevant experience in Apps Development role
- Extensive experience system analysis and in programming of software applications usingCore Java
- Solid knowledge on pre-trade/post trade risk management system
- Experience in service oriented architecture, and data standards like JSON, Avro, Protobuf
- Experience working with message queues (AMQP), traditional databases ( MS SQL, ORaaS) and NoSQL databases ( Mongo).
- Experience on front end development using Angular JS 1/2, java Script, JSP and HTML will be a plus
- High development standards, especially for code quality, code reviews, unit testing, continuous integration and deployment
- Ability to adjust priorities quickly as circumstances dictate
- Consistently demonstrates clear and concise written and verbal communication
- Bachelor’s degree/University degree or equivalent experience
- Master’s degree preferred
This job description provides a high-level review of the types of work performed. Other job-related duties may be assigned as required.
Citi Canada is an equal opportunity employer. Accordingly, we will make accommodations to respond to the needs of people with disabilities (including, without limitation, physical and mental health disabilities) during the recruitment process and otherwise in accordance with law. Individuals who view themselves as Aboriginals, members of visible minority or racialized communities, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Job Family Group:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries (“Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi .
View the ” EEO is the Law ” poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement .
View the EEO Policy Statement .
View the Pay Transparency Posting