Lead Developer AR/VR – Healthcare (M/F/D)Permanent position Full-Time Montréal
Are you a lead developer or would you like to become one?If your answer is yes, it’s your lucky day as we are looking for a dynamic and talented person to join our team in Montréal!
What will your rolebe?In this project, your main responsibilities will be:
- Collaborate with a multi-disciplinary team to create new training applications that will be used
across multiple platforms (WebGL / Mobile / AR / VR).
- Lead development for R&D and custom client projects by defining new product architecture and
- Mentor other engineering team members through on-boarding, code reviews, technical one-onones, and proactively resolving challenging design and engineering issues.
- Contribute new feature ideas and code to core frameworks to ensure they are scalable,
maintainable, and flexible.
- Participate in planning and estimating for potential projects.
- Support Product Owners by defining and planning technical tasks.
- Advocate and actively help improve the development process through a better usage of existing
tools and the introduction of new ones.
- Improve product quality and performance of existing applications.
What qualifications are we looking for?You have:
- A Bachelor’s degree or Master’s degree in Software Engineering, Computer Engineering or Computer Science.
- More than 10 years of experience with programming.
- Strong knowledge of data structures and design patterns, and experience using them in practice.
- Strong of experience with C#.
- 3+ years of experience in Unity or equivalent game engine.
- Experience in team lead (3 or more developers).
- Strong foundation of 3D visual rendering techniques.
- Experience using and developing a framework.
- Ability to make, own, and communicate technical decisions to all stakeholders.
- Autonomous and resourceful.
- Git is second nature.
- Proficient in debugging, profiling and optimizing applications.
- Bilingualism (French and English).
- 5+ years using of C++.
- Experience with deploying WebGL content (native or Unity) in a cloud environment.
- Experience with Android/iOS mobile development (native or Unity).
- Experience with Virtual/Augmented Reality development.
- Experience with real-time simulation.
- Experience in network programming (socket base or REST) & protocols.
- Experience in CI/CD.
- Understanding of gaming engines and gaming industry best practices.
Why join us?
- To acquire experience in different critical industries and projects while working for the same company;
- To have a competitive salary and a great benefits package (dental, life and medical insurance, RRSP matching, sick days, vacation);
- To access trainings that focus on expanding your knowledge while staying up to date with cutting edge technologies and best practices;
- To have a clear career development plan that suits your goals;
- To have the possibility of working abroad through our mobility program thanks to our international presence;
- To join a dynamic, specialized and fast-growing group where communication is key and where every team member is valued;
- To be part of a team where having fun is essential (team building events, 5 à 7, Marathon and more!).
Who are we?At Scalian, we are a leading multinationalengineering consulting firm with 3500 specialists and over 30 years ofexperience.
We are specialized in DigitalSystems (IT & Software and Systems Engineering) and Industrial Performance (QualityAssurance, Supply Chain and Project Management).
Our expertise serves various technological sectors as the aerospace,defense, rail and energy industries while providing distinctive support totheir development and operations.
Are you interested and would like to find out more?Apply and let’s talk!