Who is BGRS?
At BGRS, we create customized mobility solutions that transform mobility into a driver of recruitment, development and retention. We are proud to be the partner of choice for many of the world’s most recognizable brands, including 35% of the Fortune 100 as well as the governments of the United States and Canada. Our diverse client portfolio represents a variety of industry segments.
BGRS is all about mobility. Come join one of the leading companies in global talent mobility, partnering with some of the largest organizations in the world to keep their employees on the move. We are committed to keeping our own talent on a career growth trajectory by fostering an engaging environment with development opportunities that create success for our clients and you. We support our employees by offering a flexible, innovative environment that allows them to focus on their clients and careers. We look forward to you joining our team and experiencing the power of what talent mobility can achieve.
Reporting to the Manager – Technology Delivery, the Lead Developer is responsible for developing the systems and tools that the company operations needs in order to successfully execute their business strategy/plans. This individual will work closely with the development and project team to complete deliverables in support of technology solutions.
Using their project and work experience, the individual will assist the Manager – Technology Delivery and the Application Architect to design flexible and scalable technology solutions. The individual will also act as a mentor to the rest of the development team.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Participation and completion of deliverables in any of the following System Development Lifecycle Phases: Analysis, Design, Development or Integration Testing;
- Working with the Application Architect and the Manager – Technology Delivery, participate in the high-level technical design and architecture of technology solutions;
- Design and document code and perform the testing and debugging of well-defined tasks in complex applications, functions and reports;
- Coach, motivate and inspire team members to build high performance, stable and maintainable code bases
- Identify, analyze and resolve software defects on time, within scope and within established development guidelines;
- Analyze data and prepares reports as required;
- Provide timely, accurate and quality application support to enterprise applications;
- Follow established development guidelines and standards;
- Assist in developing complete operational instructions and program documentation according to established standards;
- Assist in establishing project estimates, ensure assigned projects follow schedules, and inform management of any unplanned slippages;
- Participate in technical design and application code reviews;
- Proactively suggest improvements to technical designs and development standards;
- Assist and mentor developers in building technical and software development skills;
- Provide status updates to supervisor(s)/manager(s) on a regular basis;
- Ensure compliance with all relevant project, development, design and architecture standards as well as standard operational processes and service metrics;
- Ensure all appropriate Service Levels and Quality objectives are met;
- Provide status updates to supervisor(s)/manager(s) on a regular basis;
- Be Professional in all situations;
- Be responsive to clients, stakeholders, peers and co-workers;
- Backup delivery manager in their absence
- Deliver what is committed and expected – i.e. deliver on all promised timelines, budgets and scope;
- Be Customer/Client focused;
- Be a Valued Business Partner.
What You Bring to BGRS
- University degree in management information systems, computer science, or equivalent experience.
- 8+ years’ experience in information technology development and/or IT consulting; or any combination of education and experience.
- Experience leading a small- to medium-sized development team (2-5 developers, both onshore and offshore)
- Knowledge of programming techniques and languages;
- Experience in multiple programming languages/technologies such as: CSS3, JQuery, Objective-C, Xcode, Backload, C#, Java, VB, Transact-SQL, TFS;
- Experience in development with Web Services, Smart Client and Service Oriented Architectures;
- Strong technical background with breadth across mobile application platforms (ie. IOS, Android, Windows Phone, Blackberry) and different mobile application technologies (eg. Native, HTML5, Hybrid, MEAPs)
- Experience with mobile middleware and integration with different web services and message exchanges (eg. SOAP, REST, JSON, XML)
- Excellent scoping and estimation skills
- Broad experience in a variety of system development methodologies and development standards;
- Strong oral and written communication skills;
- Leadership, diplomacy, ability to defuse difficult situations and work with diverse personalities
- Demonstrated ability to work in a product development environment as part of a team;
- Demonstrated analytical skills;
- Experience with OAuth 2, SAML 2, JWT, SWT token formats is an asset
- Experience in SharePoint development is an asset
- Knowledge of ITIL Service Management principles is an asset;
- Organizational skills, with the ability to meet deadlines;
- Demonstrated ability to handle a variety of challenging interpersonal situations with internal and external stakeholders;
- Demonstrated ability to work in a custom development environment as part of a team;
- Demonstrated desire for continuous improvement and learning;
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment;
- Ability to complete tasks and work items with a limited amount of supervision.
What BGRS Offers
- Competitive salary and incentive plans
- Workplace flexibility for a balanced work/life approach
- Comprehensive benefits packages and wellness program
- Generous company-paid vacation days and holiday time
- Challenging, collaborative, diverse corporate culture
- Ongoing opportunities for learning and career development
Security Clearance Requirements
- Reliability status security clearance granted by CIISD, PWGSC; the security clearance application will be facilitated via the BGRS-Government Services Company Security Officer (CSO).
BGRS values diversity in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing an inclusive and accessible environment. We thank all candidates who apply, however, only those selected for a personal interview will be contacted. If you require accommodation, please let us know. We will work with you to meet your needs.
BGRS accorde une grande importance à la diversité dans le milieu de travail et est un employeur adhérant aux principes d’égalité. Nous nous engageons à offrir un environnement accessible et inclusif. Nous remercions toutes les personnes qui posent leur candidature. Cependant, nous communiquerons uniquement avec les candidats retenus pour une entrevue individuelle. N’hésitez pas à communiquer avec nous si vous avez des questions. Nous travaillerons avec vous afin de répondre à vos besoins.
All applicants are subject and consent to GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) terms and conditions. Please click here for a full Privacy Notice.