WSP Parsons Brinckerhoff
WSP is one of the world’s leading professional services firms. Our purpose is to future proof our cities and environments.
We have over 48,000 team members across the globe. In Canada, our 8,000 people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
The excellence we bring to our work and to our workplace has been recognized far and wide. We are among the LinkedIn Top 25 Companies two years in a row, one of the Top 100 Sustainable Companies in the World (and among the Top 10 in Canada), and we earned Platinum Elite Recognition through our participation in more than half of Canada’s Top 100 Infrastructure Projects.
At WSP :
- We value our people and our reputation
- We are locally dedicated with international scale
- We are future focused and challenge the status quo
- We foster collaboration in everything we do
- We have an empowering culture and hold ourselves accountable
OTTAWA – FLEXIBLE WORK LOCATION SUPPORTED
WSP is currently seeking a Smart Building Lead Consultant to join the M&E NCR Atlantic team, reporting to the Director, Strategic Security & Technology. The role is responsible for developing smart, security and technology systems and solutions, project delivery, quality, safety, and performance. The position requires excellent verbal and written communication skills, with an emphasis on the ability to organize and converse complex theoretical and technical design information with the Client.
- A Canadian success story – a company that grew from humble roots in Quebec to a global, multinational powerhouse with over 48,000 employees worldwide;
- WSP’s commitment to being FutureReady ™;
- Enhance the world around you – from the environment to the highways, to the buildings and the terrain, WSP is the fabric of Canada;
- Outstanding career opportunities – we’re growing and pushing ourselves every day to be greater than we were yesterday, for our employees, future employees, and our fellow Canadians, we’re open to your ideas and trying new things;
- A phenomenal collaborative culture and a workforce filled with genuinely good people who are doing humbly important work. Come find out for yourself what it’s like to be a part of our journey.
We offer competitive pay, a great corporate culture, comprehensive and employee-focused benefits including virtual healthcare and a wellness platform as well as great savings programs, and a clear vision for the future.
- Lead and support large Smart Building/District/City type pursuits, creating pursuit materials inclusive of project approach, scope and fees;
- Participation in development of deliverables for smart building projects including evaluation of client key performance indicators, integrated automation product research, information flow diagram development, and controls system integration;
- Provide Integrated Security and Building Systems designs, including converged networks, for facility related systems including but not limited to: Information Technology, Electronic Security, Multi-Media, AV/PA, Smart Building, Systems Integration, Physical Security, Communications, Building Management, Occupancy and Space utilization, sensors, etc;
- Research and validate technical capabilities of potential smart building technologies (facility control systems, building analytic platforms, energy consumption and sustainability reporting tools, computational modeling etc.) applicable for client projects;
- Research and design data collection, data exchange and data querying methodologies as part of Integrated Automation design projects;
- Coordinate technical design solutions with client stakeholders, design teams, vendors;
- Investigate connections and analytic methodologies between energy efficiency, real estate utilization and occupant experience driving business efficiency and revenue opportunities;
- Create construction and systems implementation documents (Drawings and Specifications);
- Attend and participate in project and client meetings;
- Participate in driving WSP services at external Industry events and media campaigns;
- Oversee innovative projects, proposals and quality control ensuring focus on client needs and profitability targets. Generally, this will include:
- Oversee development and delivery of projects
- Monitor project performance from client relationship, financial and quality prospective
- Prepare and manage projects budget
- Contribute in future development projects based on the company’s overall objectives and resources
- Implement innovative technologies
- Coordinate with external stakeholders for new integrations and tools;
- Develop cross functional relationships, working with and influencing senior business executives and management to build the competencies of the group to increase market share;
- Promote synergy and cooperation between compliance and design;
- Participate in internal meetings to influence business development activities with other offices and assist other offices as required in the pursuit of work;
- Navigate disparate client project teams to set and manage expectations throughout engagement;
- Provide analysis and assistance with formulation of core strategies;
- Expand colleagues’ technical skills through training and coaching;
- Uphold thorough understanding of complex enterprise building information systems and applications to client situations;
- Contribute to the Intellectual Property of WSP by driving the development of toolkits, methodologies and accelerators;
- Create and present clear strategies and proposals to senior management and be comfortable leading client presentations;
- Potential travel could be up to 25% of time. (Once we return to normal working conditions, post Covid19) Home office will be Queensview location with strong tie to CENTRUS office downtown.
- College or bachelor’s degree in an Engineering field related to areas of responsibility for the position;
- Designation as a Professional Engineer with PEO is preferred;
- Minimum of 10 years of progressive experience in consulting engineering or related sector within the technical security industry with a keen interest or relevant Smart Building industry experience required;
- Experience in innovative design and the interdependencies between sustainability, MEP systems, and technology systems is preferred;
- Strong enterprise experience working in and with large and complex multi-regional companies;
- The ideal candidate will have a clear understanding of Engineering Consulting and Construction marketplace, be a big picture, strategic thinker, and have a reputation and track record for leading business alignment and growth;
- The candidate should be able to influence, be a successful communicator, and be a leader with a passion to succeed;
- Knowledge of digital communication technologies, databases, and facility control systems for smart buildings is preferred;
- Resourceful self-starter with the ability to work productively on multiple projects, simultaneously, and under strict deadlines;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with an emphasis on the ability to organize and present design information to clients;
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office software applications;
- BIM/Revit design software experience is a plus;
- Demonstrable business development experience within the local Consulting Engineering environment;
- Ability to develop and maintain strong partnerships with internal and external Clients, Contractors and Integrators;
- Understanding of the risk management practice, current with advancing threat and technological landscapes;
- Ability to get PSPC Top Secret Clearance is a requirement. This will need to be applied for and received within 6-months;
- Prior experience with software coding, data analytics and data visualization software platforms are a huge plus;
- Relevant technology industry certifications (i.e. CPP, PSP, RCDD, CCNP, CCDP, CCIE, JNCIA, CISSP etc.) would be considered an advantage.