Do you have an obsession for customers and a strong interest in building innovative solutions? Do you have proven analytical capabilities, exceptional communication, project management skills, ability to root cause and permanently eliminate defects, and possess the ability to multi-task and thrive in a fast-paced environment? We’re looking for creative leaders with a passion for innovation, a knack for problem solving, and a passion to create world class customer experiences that will change the face of commerce.
The North American Fulfillment Network is seeking a qualified Launch Program Manager to solve the complex challenges of driving innovation to enable new fulfillment centers (FCs) to quickly hit benchmark rates while operating at full capacity. They will do this while ensuring basic standards are supported throughout the local organization so that they can continue to meet our customer’s needs, both internal and external. In this role, you will influence a team comprising of General Managers, Senior Operations Managers, Operation Managers, Area Managers, Start-Up Project Managers, Real Estate Project Managers and Design Engineers connected to a new site. This role calls for an individual who is technically smart to gain credibility with customers and stake holders at various levels of the organization.
The Day-to-day to include:
• Extensive travel, up to 75%
• Managing an environment concerning the processing of Amazon orders for our customers, subject to ever rising volume and complexity, operating on a 24/7 basis
• Managing day-to-day relationships with multiple Fulfillment Centers, Cross Dock(IXDs), Deep Reserve (SFC) and Sort Centers (SCs)
• Driving operational goals and metrics for your launch site and supporting the vision of both the Launch team and the larger North American Fulfillment Team
• Presenting operational metrics regularly to the Launch senior leadership team.
• Hiring and developing top talent.
The successful candidate:
• Is a smart, hard-working and creative person who loves business, solving difficult problems and ‘getting it done’.
• Can think big and develop new ideas, nurture new ideas and apply high standards to weed out those that are least valuable.
• Is comfortable collaborating and influencing team members, working with development teams and other business groups, and presenting projects to senior leadership on a regular basis.
• Has the ability to partner to build and execute on new initiatives and roadmaps each year.
• Will compile, manage and report on weekly project metrics and be responsible for leading many high profile meetings to align on project requirements.
• Build relationships and identify with stakeholders across the organization.
• Has the technical aptitude to quickly grasp complex technical issues and communicate directly with technical teams.
• Has fulfillment center operational skills to identify and implement solutions that scale with our scale.
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Operations or related logistics field
• Direct management experience, comprising both a salaried, hourly and agency strong workforce, in a logistics, manufacturing, engineering, production, distribution or retail environment
• Experience with planning, performance metrics, process improvement, and lean techniques
• Experience with the full staffing lifecycle, including interviewing, hiring, performance management, promotions, and terminations
• Experience managing third party resources on a regional/national scale
• Experience managing contingent workforce in a business with peak seasons
• Strong analytical capability; track record of digging into data and finding solutions for a variety of operational problems
• Flexibility to work a variety of hours as business demands, including overnight, weekends and holidays
• Excellent communication skills (including local language and English, written and verbal)
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. Amazon is committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise Human Resources if you require accommodation.