WSP is one of the world’s leading professional services firms. Our purpose is to future proof our cities and environments.
We have over 48,000 team members across the globe. In Canada, our 8,000 people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
The excellence we bring to our work and to our workplace has been recognized far and wide. We are among the LinkedIn Top 25 Companies two years in a row, one of the Top 100 Sustainable Companies in the World (and among the Top 10 in Canada), and we earned Platinum Elite Recognition through our participation in more than half of Canada’s Top 100 Infrastructure Projects .
At WSP :
- We value our people and our reputation
- We are locally dedicated with international scale
- We are future focused and challenge the status quo
- We foster collaboration in everything we do
- We have an empowering culture and hold ourselves accountable
WSP is currently seeking a Technologist to join our Land Development team, located at our Thornhill office. Reporting to the Manager this position will be responsible for CADD Civil 3D, and project management on greenfield, brownfield and infill land development projects throughout Ontario, with specific focus on the Greater Toronto Area
- Participate in projects involving 2D/3D drafting civil engineering drawings;
- Preparation of detail drawings, sections and standard details;
- Coordination of work with other disciplines;
- Interpreting design sketches and as-builts;
- Producing civil engineering drawings;
- Following design standards and guidelines;
- Preparation of specifications and reports;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Construction Engineering Technology graduate and registered as a CET;
- 1 – 3 years of experience with Civil 3D in a variety of projects;
- Ability to interpret construction drawings and specs;
- Excellent communication skills – written and verbal, including teamwork and interpersonal abilities;
- Comfortable in working independently in both an office and field environment;
- Knowledge of Bently MicroStation is an asset;
- Familiarity with York, Peel, Halton and Durham Region and City of Toronto Standards considered an asset
- Knowledge of AutoCAD layering techniques, objects, alignments and x-refs and
- Valid Ontario driver’s license is an asset
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP does not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies. For more information please READ THE FULL POLICY .
WSP Canada Inc.