Strong communities do not just happen-they are built. They are creatively imagined, collaboratively planned, and readied to face tomorrow with optimism. We are driving the future of Community Development. Our experts lead their fields, collaborating on projects that are as technically challenging as they are impactful, creative, and fulfilling. We are a place where you can apply your passion-and find endless opportunities to help make communities more equitable, resilient, and livable.
Your OpportunityThe role of the Land Development Project Manager is to work independently and as a team member on projects of various size and complexity. The selected candidate will be responsible for project delivery, financials, and oversight of design and construction in collaboration with our Design and Field Team Leads, proposals, and client satisfaction. The projects that a Land Development Project Manager may be assigned to may have complex features that will require the application of mature knowledge. This role also leads the analysis of proposed community development projects to ensure timely project delivery, resource efficiency, and cost-effectiveness.
The Stantec Alberta North Community Development group provides services within the City of Edmonton and surrounding region, City of Red Deer, as well as central and northern Alberta. This individual will be responsible for managing the relationships with some of our most valued developer clients, providing exceptional customer service.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Lead and be responsible for the approval of Engineering drawings (residential, industrial and commercial) encompassing site grading and site servicing including water distribution, sanitary sewers, storm water management, shallow utilities coordination, and erosion control design.
- Technical review and professional stamping of engineering design drawings. Stamping capabilities are preferred, but not required if the individual exhibits exceptional land development project management experience.
- Preparation of construction specifications and tender documents, including contract administration.
- Provide internal peer review of designs by other land development engineers/technologists.
- Guide projects through to completion including preliminary/conceptual design, detailed design, scheduling, tendering, construction, and post construction.
- Provide high-level engineering input to Area Structure Plans, Neighbourhood Structure Plans and Rezoning and Subdivision Plans.
- Liaise with clients, agencies and others to obtain and determine project requirements, permits, and approvals.
- Ensure that client needs are met in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Ensure projects meet applicable specifications and standards as per the governing municipality and adhere to Stantec’s QA/QC program.
- Coordinate work of junior engineering team members and review their deliverables.
- Be the main client contact on the project(s).
- Be responsible for each project schedule, budget, and reporting.
- Participate in expanding our client and project portfolio through proposals and business development opportunities.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Must have a thorough understanding of land development (including site grading, sanitary and storm sewer servicing, water servicing, shallow utility coordination, roadways, lot design, as well as stormwater management).
- Must be a self-motivated individual possessing strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Must exhibit attention to detail and accuracy.
- Must be able to coordinate engineering requirements with planning and landscape architecture requirements.
- Must work well in a team environment and have a collaborative approach.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel, and BlueBeam.
- A working knowledge of AutoCAD Civil 3D is an asset.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering and registered as a Professional Engineer with APEGA is preferred, but not required.
- Experience in the City of Edmonton and surrounding areas is preferred.
- A minimum of 10 years of related land development experience is preferred.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
The Alberta North region is one of Stantec’s largest regions, and one of the most diverse. With representation from all of Stantec’s business lines, and projects in nearly every market sector, the variety of projects and clients we work with is nothing short of inspiring. Join this dynamic team, work the brilliant minds across the region and lead one of Stantec’s unique business centers with its diversity of sectors.
Look at what our Community Development team does here in Alberta North and across the world.
See our newest and freshest ideas!