ALS provides a broad range of testing and analytical services to a wide variety of end markets and industries around the globe. We continue to remain at the forefront of the testing services industry, building an enviable reputation.
Location: ALS Environmental, Burnaby
Reports to: Water Chemistry Supervisor
Position Type: Full-Time
Shift: Graveyard shift
About the Position: Working as part of the Micro/Biologicals team in the Inorganics Department, the laboratory analyst is responsible for all aspects of laboratory analysis including production, time management, quality control and turnaround time.
- Analysis of samples in the Micro/Biologicals Team following documented specific methods and/or procedures (includes Microbiology analyses as well as chemistry tests);
- Perform instrument/equipment calibration, maintenance and repair as required;
- Carry out all required work scheduling and planning activities;
- Prepare all required reagents, standards, reference materials, etc.;
- Carry out all required data processing, record-keeping & documentation (i.e. calculations, data review, data entry, archival, etc.
- Perform all required data review;
- Communicate with the Client Services staff as required;
- Perform all required quality control procedures;
- Deliver accurate results to our clients in a timely manner;
- Technical decision making for non-routine, complex analyses or matrices;
- Follow Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and adhere to strict QA/QC requirements;
- Use correct methods in accordance with the established procedures and schedules while ensuring analytical quality;
- Observe established safety regulations and comply with all ALS health and safety policies and procedures;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to lift up to 30 lbs./14 kg on a regular basis and carry for short distances;
- Manual dexterity to perform intricate and/or repetitive tasks;
- Wear issued personal protective equipment (PPE) such as dust masks, gloves etc., when required;
- Ability to stand for a full shift;
- Ability to sit at a desk and do general office work, which includes periodic sedentary responsibilities;
- Please note that ALS operates 24/7 and will require day, afternoon, and graveyard shift work including weekends.
The ideal candidate would have:
- Completion of B.Sc. or Technical Diploma in Microbiology (preferred) or a related discipline (required)
- 1 years’ experience in an analytical laboratory or related field experience (preferred)
- Previous experience with Microbiological analyses (preferred).
You would also be:
Looking for further details?
- Candidates interested in this opportunity should apply online no later than [January 21, 2020];
- We would like to thank everyone for their interest in ALS but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted;
- For the employee referral bonus program, this position is eligible for a Level B bonus award.
ALS is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to fostering an inclusive work environment where the different strengths and perspectives of each employee are both recognized and valued. We therefore encourage applications from all individuals; particularly women, First nations, people with disabilities and visible minorities.
ALS also welcomes applications from people with all levels of ability. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.