You’ve got big plans. We have opportunities to match, and we’re committed to empowering you to become a better you, no matter what you do.
With the support to do things differently, grow personally and professionally and bring your whole self to work, there’s no limit to the impact you can make. Let’s do this.
About KPMG International and the Global Resource Centre
KPMG is a global organization of independent professional services firms providing Audit, Tax and Advisory services. We operate in 146 countries and territories and in FY20 had close to 227,000 people working in member firms around the world with FY20 revenue at more than US$29.22B.
The Chief Technology Officer – Internal Functions (CTO-IF), KPMG International Services Limited is responsible for defining the Technology Strategy for the following functions: Global Quality & Risk Management, Global Clients & Markets, Global COO, Global CAO, Global Corporate Affairs, Global People, and IOGC. The CTO-IF will focus efforts to identify and cross leverage technologies that provide KPMG International Services Limited with modern technology solutions that meet our stakeholder demands.
In this role the CTO-IF is responsible for the technology transformation agenda leveraging work and investments made over the last several years while adopting new solutions with an eye for innovation.
The CTO-IF will liaise with the larger member firms and functional partners to provide vision and leadership, defining, developing, deploying and delivering global technology systems and services to digitize KPMG International Services Limited.
What you will do
Strategy and Policy Formulation:
- Lead the development of the technology strategy and roadmap for the Global Internal Functions, ensuring integration with KPMG’s business and technology strategy
- Provide strategic direction and oversight for the design, development, operation and support of Global Internal Functions technology systems and programs fulfilling the needs of the business
- Foster an innovative technology mind set seeking new solutions, while leveraging innovations where appropriate from our alliance partners
- Drives a one team approach of the Global Internal Function teams in alignment with the overall technology strategy
- Direct the development of an IT sourcing strategy and provide executive oversight for strategic vendor and partner relationship management
Planning and Monitoring:
- Develop and control the annual operating and capital expenditure budget for Global Internal Functions technology to ensure it is consistent with overall strategic objectives and is within plan
- Evaluate the technology projects identified by the Global Internal Function teams; approve and oversee implementation of these projects ensuring overall alignment with KPMG’s overall IT strategy
- Seek continuous feedback from the business – attends key leadership meetings as appropriate
- Assist in determining the appropriate level of resource allocations to achieve results on a cost-effective and timely basis
Global Coordination and Stakeholder Management:
- Work with selected groups within the Technology Governance model to execute against the strategy set by the top-level Global Technology Management Team
- Will be a member or attendee of the leadership teams of each of the Global Internal Functions as well as the relevant IT governance groups that serve KPMG International Services (e.g., Global Technology & Knowledge Leadership Team, Global CIO Steering Group)
- Establish relationships with the stakeholders and the business leaders to ensure accurate understanding of the business needs and to obtain buy-in for technology solutions
- Drive the development of enterprise technology standards, governance processes and performance metrics
- Lead the design, building and implementation of IT infrastructure, tools and technology to ensure efficient, stable, reliable and secure operations of technology and provide operational visibility into the performance and resiliency of systems and business processes
Team Management and Development:
- Build a highly capable and motivated leadership team instrumental in delivering high performance in the organization
- Act as a coach/mentor to the team
- Advocate a high engagement and recognition culture among employees
- Provide detailed, accurate and timely information (financial/non-financial) to internal and external stakeholders (and/or auditors) to enable well-informed decisions
What you bring to the role
“Everyone a Leader ” Competencies
- Demonstrates the following competencies at an advanced level:
- Demonstrates Innovation
- Delivers Quality
- Drives Collaboration and Inclusion
- Strives for Continual Improvements
- Exercises Professional Judgement
- Makes an Impact
- Communication skills
- A Global perspective
- Analytical skills
- Supervisory skills
- Understanding of Global Technology advancements
- Has a comprehensive understanding of KPMG’s technology needs and existing systems
- Has a comprehensive understanding of KPMG’s global and local functions
Level of Qualifications
- Thought Leadership in Global and Virtual teaming
- Ability to guide and direct multi-cultural, geographically dispersed teams
- Experience building and managing new and existing organizations
- Master’s degree from an accredited college or university or equivalent work experience
- Fifteen years of work expertise in IT with progressive levels of responsibility; at least 10 years work experience in technology in a senior management role leading complex initiatives and solving difficult problems
- Ability to provide leadership, innovation and technology direction to senior engineers and technology staff, while managing, prioritizing and delivering many concurrent initiatives
- Advanced troubleshooting techniques and the ability to solve complex problems under pressure
Our Values, The KPMG Way
Integrity, we do what is right Excellence, we never stop learning and improving Courage, we think and act boldly Together, we respect each other and draw strength from our differences For Better, we do what matters
KPMG in Canada is a proud equal opportunities employer and we are committed to creating a respectful, inclusive and barrier-free workplace that allows all of our people to reach their full potential. A diverse workforce is key to our success and we believe in bringing your whole self to work. We welcome all qualified candidates to apply and hope you will choose KPMG in Canada as your employer of choice.
If you have a question about accessible employment at KPMG, or to begin a confidential conversation about your individual accessibility or accommodation needs through the recruitment process, we encourage you to contact KPMG’s Employee Relations Service team for support at email: [email protected] or phone: 416-777-8002 or toll free 1-888-466-4778 Option 3.
For general recruitment-related inquiries, please contact the HR Delivery Centre at [email protected] .