You want to work for a fast-paced company that thinks big and dreams huge. You are driven, view work as more than just a job, and are never satisfied with a project left half-done. You have a strong sense of personal ownership and responsibility for completion of objectives on time. You want to figure out why things tick which makes you tick but very little ticks you off. You want to think outside of the box and continually challenge your own limits, as well as those around you. You have a mad scientist mentality where you want to be part of the robots building robots revolution.
Attabotics is the world’s first 3D robotics supply chain system for modern commerce. Inspired by the framework of ant colonies, Attabotics replaces the rows and aisles of traditional fulfillment centers with a patented storage structure and robotics shuttles that utilize both horizontal and vertical space, reducing a company’s warehouse needs by 85%. By empowering retailers to place fulfillment centers near high-density urban areas, Attabotics helps create jobs and decrease carbon emissions by closing the last-mile delivery gap. A TIME Magazine Most Innovative Company special mention, CNBC Disruptor, and one of Fast Company’s world’s 50 most innovative companies. Attabotics has been adopted by major brands including luxury department store Nordstrom, and other retailers across apparel, grocery, food & beverage, and home goods. Attabotics is based in Calgary, Alberta, Canada, with fulfillment centers across the United States and Canada.
As a Test Engineer we will rely on your strong technical and analytical skills to design, create and execute testing and troubleshooting methods for our robotic system. Test planning and execution will be a big part of your day along with collaborating with the product development team to understand new features and tests required.
Who you are
- Degree in Mechanical, Mechatronics, or Electrical Engineering
- 2+ years of experience in either a design or test engineering role
- Experience in the design test and validation process
- Experience in programming and automation is a strong asset
- Experience in testing for reliability & HALT processes are a strong asset
- Ability to troubleshoot electro-mechanical issues, and attention to detail to root cause events
- Passion for hands on with robotics and mechatronic systems
- Demonstrated leadership/mentoring skills
What we need
- Creating test cases, test suites, & documentation to show that the design meets expectations – validating robotic firmware, system software, and new products
- Working across all aspects of the product line, from sub-assemblies to overarching system behaviour
- Creation of test jigs and assemblies to test operational boundaries, bring out failures, and accelerated life testing
- Understand design intent, reading specifications
- Develop and maintain manufacturing test stands and processes
- Establish testing platforms for mechanical and electrical assemblies
- Operating the Attabotics system, including working directly with the robotics
- Analysis and review of test data for trends
- Occasional travel may be required
If this description describes you perfectly and the work environment you know you can thrive in, send us your resume as well as describe to us what you’re passionate about and we may just reach out to you.
Attabotics is committed to employing the best people to do the best job possible within our environment. We hire based on merit and are strongly committed to cultivating diversity as a source of excellence. Attabotics firmly believes that a vast array of perspectives produces and promotes innovation and business success. Our corporate diversity encompasses differences in ethnicity, gender identity or expression, language, age, sexual orientation, religion, socio-economic status, physical and mental ability and education.
Attabotics promotes a corporate safety culture where employees’ health, safety & well being is number one and with the ultimate goal of establishing a zero incident work environment.