GoDaddy is empowering everyday entrepreneurs around the world by providing all the help and tools to succeed online. With 20 million customers worldwide, GoDaddy is the place people come to name their idea, build a professional website, attract customers and manage their work. Our mission is to give our customers the tools, insights and the people to transform their ideas and personal initiative into success. To learn more about the company visit www.GoDaddy.com .
Location:Your manager is in Iowa, but you’ll be working remotely from anywhere in Canada.
What you’ll get to do…
Our team is looking for a junior software engineer who has a keen understanding of web application development at scale and is passionate about a delightful user experience to be part of a team building new capabilities from the ground up. You will have an active role in developing and building software that drives the world’s largest domain name registrar and web hosting provider. This role will be central to building a new set of user-facing features for a highly successful part of domains. It will have a direct and visible impact on the lives of millions of small business owners around the world. We embrace an Agile environment with a rapid development and release cycle.
Your experience should include… (2+ years)
- Develop new user-facing features
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
- Optimize application for maximum speed and scalability
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders
- Contribute to the design and development of globally distributed web applications
- Support existing applications and services in Prod
- Adopt agile methodologies to continuously release and deploy iterations of our apps and services
- Bachelor’s degree in CS or a related field, or equivalent experience
- Experience developing front-end web applications in modern languages and frameworks (React)
- Good understanding of web markup, including HTML5, CSS3
- Good understanding of asynchronous request handling and partial page updates
- Understanding of RESTful APIs and RESTful web services
You might also have…
- Experience in text processing on web content
- Experience with AWS
- Experience in an Agile development environment
GoDaddy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, national origin, citizenship, marital status or civil partnership/union status, disability, pregnancy, genetic information or any other basis prohibited by applicable country or local laws.
If you need help completing an application for a position with GoDaddy, please reach out to our Recruiting Team at [email protected] .
GoDaddy doesn’t accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.
Job ID R010671