At HelloFresh, we want to change the way people eat. Over the past 8 years we’ve seen this mission spread around the world and beyond our wildest dreams. Now, we are the leading global company in the meal kit delivery market.
So, how did we do it? Our weekly boxes full of exciting recipes and fresh ingredients have blossomed into a community of encouraged and empowered home cooks that expands across the globe. We are one of the fastest growing meal kit businesses and are active in 12 different countries across 3 continents. In Canada, our growth trajectory and expansion has been phenomenal. We have launched facilities across the country and have recently added Chefs Plate to our team!
We are proud of our collaborative culture. Our diverse FreshFam enables us to connect with our customers and turn their feedback into meaningful action – from developing new recipes to constantly improving our process of getting dinner to our customers’ homes. Our culture attracts top talent with shared values and forms the foundation for a great place to work!
If you would like to join a dynamic and highly motivated team and work in a high-growth industry where you can have an impact and make a difference every single day, then join us!
About the Role
We are looking for a Junior Recipe Developer who will be essential to our kitchens. Reporting to the Lead Recipe Developer, you will find creative ways to keep recipes dynamic and innovative for future menu use. As part of the Culinary team, you will play a key role in creating recipes for families across Canada to enjoy!
- Develop and cook creative and simple recipes within the allocated budget, time and seasonality constraints based on quarterly assignments.
- Attend and perform tastings for recipe creations.
- Taste, test, grade and record new products for future menu use.
- Collaborate with marketing on related product partnerships.
- Continuously maintain the upkeep of recipes via the editing process
- Track and maintain recipe integrity.
- Continually work with the menu planning team to improve recipes via customer feedback.
- 2 years of professional working experience in recipe or food product development, ideally within business parameters
- Professional knowledge of cooking techniques, ingredients and flavour combinations
- Experience in developing and cooking creative and simple recipes, within allocated budget, time and seasonality constraints.
- The ability to conceptualize, write and develop 4-5 original recipes per week.
- The desire to create recipes by using an analytical mindset and working closely with our menu planner to assess recipe needs.
- A mindset that seeks to continuously improve both your recipes and your capabilities!
Why you’ll love it here:
- A competitive salary and company benefits
- 75% discount on HelloFresh and Chefs Plate boxes
- Partial top-up for parental leaves
- We trust and support you – take ownership of your work and push your ideas from inception to execution
- We want to see you grow – we support your career progression and provide learning and development opportunities
- We take our work seriously, but we don’t take ourselves too seriously. You’ll work with fun, energetic, and supportive teams.
- We’ve kept up the work-hard, play-hard energy virtually. From team socials to HQ Wellness Wednesdays to holiday and milestone celebrations, you’ll have plenty of opportunity to connect socially with teammates across the company.
When We Return to The Office:
To ensure the health and safety of our employees during COVID-19, our HQ employees are working remotely through until June 2021! When we return to the office, you’ll love:
- Our bright and functional space located in the heart of downtown Toronto
- Our test kitchen, where our recipes are tested on-site, so there are delicious meals constantly flowing!
- Our newly renovated employee lounge decked out with a movie projector, comfy couches, board games, a ping pong table, and local craft beer on tap!
- Our gorgeous rooftop patio, with a perfect view of the CN Tower while you enjoy lunch outdoors!
- Our fully stocked kitchen with fresh fruit, healthy and not-so-healthy snacks, sparkling water, cold brew coffees, and more. (Are you seeing a pattern yet? Hint: We love food!).
You are welcome at our table.
At HelloFresh, we are committed to building and nurturing an inclusive community for our employees. We value diverse skills and experience, and strongly encourage applications from our Black, Indigenous, and People of Colour (BIPOC) community, as well as people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities, and/or people with intersectional identities.
HelloFresh is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing an accessible recruitment process. Upon request, we will provide accommodation for candidates at any stage.