As the tech firm that created the mobile world, and with more than 54,000 patents to our name, we’ve made it our business to make a mark. When joining our team at Ericsson you are empowered to learn, lead and perform at your best, shaping the future of technology. This is a place where you’re welcomed as your own perfectly unique self, and celebrated for the skills, talent, and perspective you bring to the team. Are you in?
Come, and be where it begins.
Approximately 40% of the world’s mobile traffic is carried through an Ericsson network. The fifth-generation (5G) of Radio Access Networks (RAN) is happening now and Ericsson is the recognized technology leader in bringing it to the market.
With the first commercial 5G launches, there has never been a better time for you to make your mark. From connected automobiles to wireless online gaming and connecting the “Internet of Things”, the possibilities are endless.
PDU Cloud RAN
The organization, within Business Unit Networks, seeks to work closely with our customers, passionate about the delivery of virtualized RAN solutions. We try to accelerate product development with new fresh thinking. We challenge established flow with new methodologies and are active in the open-source communities.
As a developer on our 5G Scheduler team, a key enabler of the Sophisticated Antenna System (AAS) 5G functions that integrate next-generation HW accelerators.
What you will work on:
- Full-stack Virtualization of the 5G NR CU and DU; CRAN & DRAN configurations; COTS HW including L1 accelerators where needed
- Open interfaces (e.g F1, X2/Xn, A1, 01, LLS…); Architecture for automation, AI and machine learning
- Band support: Sub-6 & Mid-Band AAS to start with, High-Band in the future and Radio support: Potentially all Ericsson NR capable radios with the use of eCPRI or CPRI converter
To be successful in the role you must:
- Deliver scalability, resilience and performance by taking full advantage of the evolving architectural and services inherent to a Cloud-Native Platform
- Strive for delivery of product and test code that improves the advantages of a DevOps infrastructure
- Phenomenal interpersonal and presentation skills
- Collaborative and outstanding teammate
Additional Qualifications & Experience we value!
- Work experience in functions related to NR Scheduler
- Working in Wireless embedded SW or Cloud Native product development along with experience in functions related to NR Scheduler
- BSc or MSc level in a SW related field
What’s in it for you
Here at Ericsson, our culture is built on over a century of adventurous decisions. With us, you will no longer be dreaming of what the future holds – you will be redefining it. You won’t develop for the status quo, but will build what replaces it. Joining us is a way to move your career in any direction you want; with hundreds of career opportunities in locations all over the world, where co-creation and collaboration are embedded into the walls. You will find yourself in a speak-up environment where empathy and humanness serve as cornerstones for how we work, and where work-life balance is a priority. Welcome to an inclusive, global company where your chance to create an impact is endless.
What happens once you apply
To prepare yourself for next steps, please explore here: https://www.ericsson.com/en/careers/job-opportunities/hiring-process
Do you believe that an organization fostering an environment of cooperation and collaboration to execute with speed creates better business value? Do you value a culture of humanness, where fact based decisions are important and our people are encouraged to speak up? Do you believe that diverse, inclusive teams drive performance and innovation? At Ericsson, we do.
DISCLAIMER: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification.
They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position.
Therefore employees assigned may be required to perform additional job tasks required by the manager.
Primary country and city: || || ||
This position will report to the Line Manager.