Our client is seeking a Junior Business Analyst to support the development of business case documents, requirements gathering, presentation material, stakeholder engagement, financial planning and report development. This is a 12-month contract, available to candidates in Vancouver & Calgary, and is remote until further notice.
- Support capacity management, financial planning, and value delivery tied to a portfolio of enterprise-wide projects.
- Maintain and develop visual analytics reports on department and portfolio performance.
- Assist in the management of a portfolio backlog.
- Prepare financial reports for management offering an in-depth trend analysis based on historical data, current performance, and other key indicators.
- Assist in training and technical support of departmental employees.
- Maintain departmental org chart and staff planning records.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Technology/MIS, Computer Science, Business or equivalent.
- 1-2 years of experience in business analysis or other equivalent strategic planning competencies.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, and financial skills.
- Ability to collaborate with a wide range of stakeholders with diverse skill sets.
- Intermediate user of Excel & PPT (e.g. Pivot Tables, Charts, Power Pivot, etc.)
- Skilled in visual analytics/reporting tools (e.g. PowerBI, Tableau, KNIME, etc.)
- Basic knowledge of query languages, relational databases, and statistical packages (e.g. SQL, DAX, SPSS, SAS)
- Interest in project management methodologies & frameworks (Agile, DevOps, etc.) and the resource sector.
If you are interested in this position and meet the above criteria, please click the Apply button to send your resume in confidence directly to Meagan Tunley Consultant, Aplin Information Technology . Visit our website at www.aplin.com to view our job opportunities, career tips and tools. We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
WE APPRECIATE YOUR INTEREST IN DAVID APLIN GROUP.
If this is your first introduction to us, we invite you to become one of our satisfied candidates. David Aplin Group has been Canadian owned since 1975. Our professional consultants are passionate about helping you find a fulfilling job or career and ensuring your complete satisfaction with our process. Our proven track record, nearly four decades long, is largely due to our team of highly skilled and successful specialists. Through superior service and a commitment to long-term relationships, we provide deep specialization in core areas for complete recruiting and HR solutions across Canada – all from one source. We look forward to exceeding your expectations!
Learn more about David Aplin Group and view all of our current job opportunities, career tips, and tools at www.aplin.com.