The Computer Systems Engineering department is responsible for digital instrumentation and control equipment for projects involving control, monitoring, and operator displays in the nuclear island for our existing customers and new builds. We are responsible for digital system design, equipment selection and procurement, and all software activities.
A computer hardware engineer/designer is required to work on the design, specification, and development of industrial control and display computer systems for projects involving new CANDU nuclear power plant architectures/designs and/or retrofits to existing nuclear plants and installations. This is a developmental position, and all duties will be carried out under general supervision of a Senior Computer Systems Engineer or Technical Lead, and may include the following:
– Engineering support for the purchasing and supply of plant control and operator display computers equipment / peripherals
– Engineering support for the purchasing and supply of safety trip system digital equipment / peripherals
– Engineering support for the specification, purchasing, and supply of spare parts and/or replacement systems for existing obsolete computerized equipment
– Engineering design for in-house facilities to support the development and testing of control, display, and safety trip computers systems and software.
– Working with technologists on implementation and testing of in-house integrated equipment.
– Update and/or prepare Computers Engineering design and procurement documents including technical specifications, engineering quotation requests, design manuals, and electrical and layout drawings.
– Interface with various engineering disciplines, suppliers, and other areas of the company.
– Assist in providing responses to technical enquiries from design review teams.
– Assist in providing technical support to engineering groups at site.
– Manage assigned work effectively, including prioritizing, executing, managing schedule and budget, and reporting, to meet project goals.
– Preparation of engineering change packages for modifications to existing plant systems
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
SNC-Lavalin cares about your privacy. SNC-Lavalin and other subsidiary or affiliated companies of SNC-Lavalin (referred to throughout as “SNC-Lavalin”) are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult ourPrivacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to SNC-Lavalin, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.