The YMCA of Northeastern Ontario is a dynamic charity dedicated to strengthening the foundations of communities by offering opportunities for personal growth, community involvement and leadership. We have been offering programs and services to the North Bay community since 1958 and to the Greater Sudbury community since 1936! To learn more about our programs and services offered please visit our website.
We are currently looking for a JobDeveloper to join our team of committed professionals. This full-timeposition within the Association is housed at the YMCA of Northeastern Ontario’sElm Street location in Sudbury. Under the leadership of the ProgramManager, the Job Developer liaises with local employers, both public andprivate sector, and participants from various programs and services in order toensure optimum job placements results while maintaining YMCA values.
START DATE: As soon aspossible
RATE OF PAY: $44,400.00 peryear
HOURS: 40 per week
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
- College diploma or Universitydegree in marketing, Business, Social Services, or related field
- Valid G Class deriver’s licenseand access to a vehicle
- Advanced computer skills,especially with Microsoft Office
- Minimum of two (2) years ofexperience in marketing/sales of job development
- Bilingualism in both officiallanguages considered an asset
- Current and Satisfactory PoliceRecord Check with Vulnerable Sector
- Promote YMCA service programs andclients directly to employers using a structured marketing approach via coldcalls appointments, personal contacts, networking, direct mail, and advertising
- Provide HR support when required
- Working with the employment team,discuss possible referrals that identify an clients’ abilities, transferableskills, and skill limits
- Market clients based on theirskills and abilities
- Develop training plans
- Compile monthly statisticalinformation and forward it as required
Please ensure that your cover letter and resume both specify the job title of the position that you are applying for.
All applicants are thanked for their interest in this position. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. If contacted and you require a disability related accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, you must advise the Human Resources Department.
Please note that successful candidates will be required to submit a current and satisfactory Police Record with Vulnerable Sector Check for review prior to starting employment.
Please note that candidates invited for an interview will be required to submit three professional references.
YMCA of Northeastern Ontario is an equal opportunity employer that is dedicated to maintaining a fair and equitable work environment. All of our employees and job applicants will be promoted or employed solely on the basis of their abilities and qualifications.
- Pay Type Salary