The Immploy Job Match program provides an integrated job matching network for immigrants and newcomers who are either internationally trained immigrants (ITIs) or international student graduates and employers in the Greater London Region. By actively connecting an expanded talent pool of multiple agencies with job orders from multiple employer entry points. The Immploy Job Match program partner organizations are seeking candidates to present to their employer contacts for this job opportunity. Immploy is not hiring for this position directly. If you are interested in having your resume presented to an employer for this opportunity, please email us at [email protected]
Please note Immploy cannot process applications from candidates who have not yet immigrated to Canada or Canadian Born individuals. Express entry clients are not being considered at this time.
What IT BSAs Do?
Intervene at each step of the lifecycle of the business transformation. You will drive value identification at the sub-process level based on new functional capabilities of a solution.
Beyond these classic Business Analyst activities, you will intervene as an expert on analytics projects or on business transformation. This will drastically expand your scope of activities and opportunity for deep renewal of your knowledge within industry.
You’ll have the opportunity to manage project streams and progress with minimal supervision, including tracking metrics, handling complex analyses, and preparing communications to report back to client and internal leadership. This could include facilitating working sessions with key client team members, building relationships, and developing skills of client team members through coaching and knowledge sharing.
Lastly, you will build and maintain detailed solution capability benchmarks with other state-of-the-art solutions and liaise with internal teams to ensure continued best practices in IT department, relevant operations systems and quality verification and validation.
Technology Business Analyst who is innovative and a self-starter with aptitude for analytics, excels in critical thinking, able to work in a global business and technology team.
The successful candidate will manage a variety of tasks ranging from acting as a subject matter expert, generating and capturing business and technical requirements, support targeted functional architecture design, roadmap and the estimate. Lead or challenge business process redesign or fit-gap sessions as well as challenging functional deliverables of the system integrator such as system organization structure, master data, configuration and customization choices. IT BSA similarly coach and challenge testing strategy and execution, documentation, quality assurance and more along the way.
- Technical leadership in international projects
- Gathering, analyzing information, formulating and testing hypotheses, developing and communicating recommendations
- Present results to client management and implement recommendations in collaboration with client team members
- Identifying, analyzing, synthesizing and documenting business, functional, non-functional and technical requirements and high level of architectural design
- Completing gap/fit analysis, including software application assessment/validation
- Perform data mapping, conversion documentation including detailed conversion strategies and data migration
- Work on projects of IT modernization and strategy to agile, cloud, cybersecurity, and digital transformation
- Work across all industries and functions and will be fully integrated with the rest of GD international team
- Developing Product and Process improvements and Business process modeling
- Assessing IT work order requests, define scope and effort, and developing work package plans
- Contributing to growth and development of BSA team and its members
- Manage IT Business and Technical documentation using JIRA and Confluence
- Assist in the Business case development of IT projects, IT assessments, certification processes, audits
- Participate in creating Statement of Work (SOW) and RFP/RFI responses
- Perform Resource allocation assessment
- Support IT verification and validation strategy
- Act as Technology Consultant, work collaboratively and effectively with external GD environment and all levels of GD organization
- May require providing key custodian responsibility
- Require providing backup duties to other members while they are out of the office
- Advise on best practices in the operating model for the function in Technology scope of expertise
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications, Experience and Educational Requirements
- 5+ years as Technology Business System Analyst is required
- 2+ years of programming experience with SQL Server, XML, C++, C, Java, SOAP Web services, Microservices, Data communication and transmission, API development, HTML, My SQL
- Experience in Systems/Software Development Life Cycle and Project Management concepts
- Experience in Payment industry and EMV (Europay, Mastercard and Visa) is an asset
- Experience in Mobile Payment technology as an asset
- Experience in UML, JIRA, Confluence, MS Sharepoint, Axure RP
- Experience in file data transmission and data exchange protocols
- Azure /AWS Cloud Services, SAP experience is an asset
- Agile, Software Delivery Management DevOps experience is an asset
Skills and Competencies:
- Strong knowledge of API, configuration and systems integration
- High level of competency in Microsoft Office Suite (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Visio, Access,PowerBI, OneDrive, Teams)
- Ability to work well with ambiguity and a highly entrepreneurial environment and consistently delivering results
- Excellent communication skills and ability to explain and present complex information and influence senior business and IT executives on technology decisions
- Ability to establish yourself as a trusted and indispensable consultant
- Strong multi-tasking and detail-oriented project management abilities, and excellent time management skills
- Ability to work collaboratively and effectively in an international team environment with people at all levels of the organization
- Experienced with various analysis and problem statement techniques
- Working effectively in team-based environment with situations involving rapid change, shifting priorities and simultaneous demands
- Solid and proven record of analytical, problem solving and coordination skills
- Ability to transform strategic theoretical concepts into practical solution plan that are understandable and feasible to implement
- Must have University BSc degree in Computer Science / Information Systems or relevant technical discipline
- Travel may be required up to 20% within Canada and Internationally
- Fast-paced environment
- Office setting
- May require support outside of regular business hours
- Safety uniforms required when attending “Operations “plant.