The Immploy Job Match program provides an integrated job matching network for immigrants and newcomers who are either internationally trained immigrants (ITIs) or international student graduates and employers in the Greater London Region. By actively connecting an expanded talent pool of multiple agencies with job orders from multiple employer entry points. The Immploy Job Match program partner organizations are seeking candidates to present to their employer contacts for this job opportunity. Immploy is not hiring for this position directly. If you are interested in having your resume presented to an employer for this opportunity, please email us at [email protected]
Please note Immploy cannot process applications from candidates who have not yet immigrated to Canada or Canadian Born individuals. Express entry clients are not being considered at this time.
About the Company
We deliver Omni-Channel Commerce Solutions, designed and developed with the latest open source technology. We specialize in building Magento, Shopify and BigCommerce eCommerce implementations and full service eCommerce marketing solutions. Our goal is to help businesses reap the benefits of web-based technologies to decrease costs and maximize their bottom line.
We are currently seeking a talented and motivated Front End Developer who is passionate about web development and eCommerce to join our team located in London, ON. As a Front End Developer, you will have the opportunity to work with a collaborative team of highly skilled developers to create best in class eCommerce solutions for our clients.
Duties and responsibilities
- Understands the importance of web performance, conversion rates, and user experience.
- Responsible for semantic markup and scalable, optimized, and maintainable front end architecture.
- Knowledge of accessibility standards including WCAG 2.0 (A/AA), AODA, SEO, and cross browser and device testing solutions.
- Awareness of the most established libraries, their ecosystems and how to use them in projects.
- Production of clean, structured, documented, efficient, error-free, and concise code.
- Participate in peer code review and provide constructive feedback and support to peer developers.
- Seeks feedback from subject matter experts during planning, development, and code review, including peer developers and development directors.
- Responsible for using and understanding modern development tools including, but not limited to: PhpStorm, git, Gitlab CI, Sass, NodeJS, npm, Yarn, Gulp, etc.
- Accurately track time spent on tasks through the use of detailed time log descriptions.
Knowledge, Education & Experience Required
A College diploma, University degree, or relevant job-related experience. We welcome highly experienced, self-taught, and self-motivated learners who express a strong passion for development. Additionally, experience with the following technologies is preferred:
- Advanced HTML5 and CSS3 knowledge
- LAMP, LNMP Stacks (Linux(Ubuntu), Apache/Nginx, MySQL, PHP)
- Git Source Control and best practices
- PHP 5/7, OOP, MVC, XML/XSLT, REST
- MySQL databases, data modeling/design technique and database tuning
- PHP Frameworks: Zend, Symfony
- Front-end Build Tools: yarn, sass, gulp, webpack, babel, etc
- Front-end Frameworks: Bootstrap, Foundation
- Other web languages, such as Java, Python, C++, Ruby, etc. are considered an asset
- Cloud Providers: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Azure
We recognize that experience comes in many different forms. If your experience is similar to what we u2019re looking for, please consider applying. We know that the best problem-solving and creative thinkers are those with thought diversity; that u2019s why we u2019re dedicated to adding new perspectives to our team.
In exchange for your talent and expertise, we are committed to providing competitive compensation, health benefits, flexible work schedules, delicious meals, company retreats, opportunities for growth and professional development, and a fun, supportive environment that will allow you to be your best!