Sun Life Financial
You are as unique as your background, experience and point of view. Here, you’ll be encouraged, empowered and challenged to be your best self. You’ll work with dynamic colleagues – experts in their fields – who are eager to share their knowledge with you. Your leaders will inspire and help you reach your potential and soar to new heights. Every day, you’ll have new and exciting opportunities to make life brighter for our Clients – who are at the heart of everything we do. Discover how you can make a difference in the lives of individuals, families and communities around the world.
At Sun Life, we work together, share common values and encourage growth and achievement. For ten consecutive years, Sun Life has been named one of the Global 100 Most Sustainable Corporations in the World! Dedicated and talented employees are the cornerstone for the company’s success and reputation for excellence. We offer many career paths that attract a wide variety of talent and skills. Follow a path that lets your talents shine.
About the role
Our Application Operations teams are dedicated to providing operations and support services to ensure reliability of applications our business partners need to help clients achieve lifetime financial security. Through continuous improvement, innovation and collaboration, we strive to find new and better ways to bring value to Sun Life.
We are looking for a highly motivated, experienced and self-driven technical thought leader to participate in our production support effort in various contexts, with a focus on stability and continuous improvement processes to free up capacity, streamline service delivery, and enable digital transformation. This unique opportunity offers a chance to work with modern technologies in a highly rewarding environment.
What you will do:
- Design, develop and support technical solutions in a fast paced environment
- Develop and support both front and back-end applications
- Troubleshoot production issues and provide viable solutions to ensure client satisfaction
- Implement, maintain and use automated DevOps (Ansible CDD) pipelines to deploy applications
- Deploy applications to and manage Kubernetes pods in Stage and Production environments
- Execute application operations readiness in collaboration with development and IT infrastructure teams including disaster simulations to identify gaps and confirm restoration processes
- Partner with business and infrastructure/technology areas to fully understand their needs, consult and work with them to deliver high quality solutions and services in a timely and efficient manner
- Determine the right tool(s) for the job and use them to optimize team performance
- Always operate in strict compliance of security and change management directives
What do you need to succeed?
- 5+ years experience in software development
- 5+ years experience coding in Java, J2EE, Spring Boot, Web services, C#, .Net and API’s
- Understanding of enterprise methodologies, such as Agile, DevOps, ITIL, CMMI, and Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Solid business and technical acumen, with demonstrated agility in learning and ability to become comfortable with unfamiliar businesses areas or technologies
- Strong relationship management and consulting skills
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
What’s in it for you:
- Competitive salary and bonus structure influenced by market range data
- Pension, stock and savings programs to help build and enhance your future financial security
- An environment of continuous learning and improvement
- Flexible hours and periodic work from home options
- The opportunity to move along a variety of career paths with amazing networking potential
#LI – SJ
The Base Pay range is for the primary location for which the job is posted. It may vary depending on the work location of the successful candidate or other factors. In addition to Base Pay, eligible Sun Life employees participate in various incentive plans, payment under which is discretionary and subject to individual and company performance. Certain sales focused roles have sales incentive plans based on individual or group sales results.
Diversity and inclusion have always been at the core of our values at Sun Life. A diverse workforce with wide perspectives and creative ideas benefits our clients, the communities where we operate and all of us as colleagues. We welcome applications from qualified individuals from all backgrounds.
Persons with disabilities who need accommodation in the application process or those needing job postings in an alternative format may e-mail a request to [email protected] .
We thank all applicants for showing an interest in this position. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
55,500/55 500 – 91,600/91 600
IT – Application Development
Posting End Date: